Latest post Wed, Jul 26 2017 7:16 PM by RalphC. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 17 2017 1:55 PM

Avid charged my Bank card 6 months late!

I renewed my support contract at the end of December 2016.  At that time, Avid charged my bank card and email me a receipt from Avid for the charge.  At that time, the amount was debited from my bank account.   This morning, I woke up to find an email from Avid Customer Care telling me they messed up and did not collect the payment from my account back in December.  I checked my back account this morning and found "Arvato Systems Avid USW"  had charged $321 against my account.   I had to run to the back and cover the funds, since this was an account I have not used in a while and keep a minimal balance.

It is completely unacceptable for Avid to charge my account back in December and then charge me again 6 months later without prior notice or authorization.  

To add insult to injury, Avid's email (ironically titled "Proactive Email for Delay in Payment Capture") stated my "case" (which I never opened) would be closed if they did not hear back from me, while simultaneously sending me another email infoming me my case has been closed.

I'm not sure if this is a scam.  Would someone from Avid please get back to me on this ASAP.  In the meantime, I have instructed my bank to put a hold on this pending a reply from Avid.

In the meantime, please get a dictionary for Avid Customer Care so they can look up the word "proactive."   Avid's email should have more accurately been titled "Retroactive..."  

MC 8.6.1 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sat, Jun 17 2017 3:31 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,299
    • Points 14,040
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid charged my Bank card 6 months late!

Hi Terry,

I found a case with support 03227630, looks like it's for your Pro Tools product. I will check this with our support folks sorry for the inconvenience. Since it's weekend please expect email about this Monday.

Update: I already escalated the case CC'd Marianna.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 17 2017 3:45 PM In reply to

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your response.

I've never had ProTool.  I renewed my Symphony support back in early December, when I received a receipt and the charge appear on my bank statement.

The email from Avid Customer Care states:  "There was a payment collection issue where we were not able to collect the payment for a previous transaction between November 2016 and May 2017."  Avid is just discovering this now???   

Even if this is the case, don't debit my bank account over 6 months later without prior notice.   At the very least, send an email with advance notice that my account will be debited by some future date.  I just wasted a couple of hours on a Saturday morning trying to reach Avid (unsuccessfully) and following up with the bank.   The representative at the bank said it is highly irregular for a mechant to get pre-authorization for a charge (which appeared on my online bank statement back in early December 2016)) and then not collect the payment until 6 months later.    By this time, I've stopped using this account and only keep a minimum balance.  I had to run to the old bank this morning to cover the funds.   

I look forward to hearing from someone on Monday.

MC 8.6.1 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:00 PM In reply to

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

• Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:01 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,299
    • Points 14,040
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Terry Snyder:
    I've never had ProTool.  I renewed my Symphony support back in early December, when I received a receipt and the charge appear on my bank statement.

My bad about the Pro Tools product.

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:15 PM In reply to

I tried to cut and paste the email from Avid Customer Care and for some reason all the formatting code is displayed and I can't seem to delete it when I edit the post.  I will forward Marianna my email from Avid Customer Care.    Please delete the above gibberish post.   Thanks.

• Sat, Jun 17 2017 5:56 PM In reply to

• Gretski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,935

Hello - Me too!!!!!

Bloody annoyed.  The late payment triggered a fraud  stop on my card and I have spent hours trying to contact Avid.  NO PHONE NUMBERS   NO EMAIL ADDRESSES on the website and the contact form crashed.

Avid did not even send me a warning email at all!!!

TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Asus X299, i7 7820, Nvidia 2000M 32GB ram, NVME SSD 8.9.1 ( yes its very fast!) [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 17 2017 6:53 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,299
    • Points 14,040
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Gretski,

So sorry for the inconvenience, I see that Celice from Webstore team already reached out to you. Let me know if you need my help.

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 11:52 AM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,307
    • Points 16,090

Look at the upside.  You may now qualify for the free Symphony deal. Big Smile

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 3:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Folks

This definately should not have happened in the first place and AVID definately should have alerted you to this prior to the charges....  I plan to be working with Vicky and IT on Monday to figure out what happened, and what we can do about it...

Please stand by and I am really sorry this happened and left many of you flatfooted and in a pickle.  

More tomorow

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:18 PM In reply to

Marianna:
    and what we can do about it...

I hope Avid will do the right thing here.   The comically mislabeled "Proactive" email--clearly written by some PR hack--only added insult to injury.  This ranks up there with the worst customer experiences I've had at the hands of cut-rate airlines, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and a not-to-be-named Cable provider.   I'm trying to keep my humor in this, but Avid caused me to waste my Saturday morning sorting this out.

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 3:47 PM In reply to

• jcmcnamee
    • Not Ranked
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 195
    • Points 2,125

This just happened to me, too! At first I was worried it was a double-charge but seems like it wasn't. Very strange.

Media Composer 8.8.3 / OS 10.12.5 27" iMac [3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB] [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 19 2017 4:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

jcmcnamee:

This just happened to me, too! At first I was worried it was a double-charge but seems like it wasn't. Very strange.

I created a case so someone from the web team can call and discuss...  case # 03228635

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

All.......

First .... I really want to apologize for the Avid re-billing issue and for us NOT notifying everyone prior to the Credit Card transaction.

As a gesture of good will, we will be issuing a discount code to each customer affected by this re-billing situation for use in a later purchase.

Again I apologize for the delay in processing as well as Avid's response to it. We’ll be contacting all customers soon......... we know who is affected so we have emails and phone # to connect with everyone.

Stand by

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Jun 20 2017 12:26 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,317
    • Points 96,135

I have just received an email purporting to be from Carlo Lopena at Avid Customer Care. which starts "Recently you requested assistance ..." - except that I didn't!  It also goes on to tell me that because they were not able to collect a payment from me between November 2016 and May 2017 they have done it now.  I have just checked the only account that I would use for that purpose and up to now there has been no withdrawal.  I have not responded directly to that email because I really don't know if it's genuine or not.

So what is going on?  The case number quoted was 03229016.  Is it spam?  Phishing?  What?

I will be going through my past statements to check on any withdrawals around the end of last year.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller