Latest post Thu, May 9 2019 1:03 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 42 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 19 2019 4:50 PM In reply to

• goncalo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 11
    • Points 95

Re: Nexis client, folders in workspaces occasionally locked on windows user level.

Hi all

Just to let you know we're also facing similar issues here with some clients. 

MC is 8.6.5 and 8.8.5

Nexis PRO 40 and Nexis Client V.2018.11.

Looks like that MC looses tracking of the database files (some files become offline from nowhere) and at closing a bin it fails to save it and crashes the MC. After reloading MC, some clips from the BIN, that was trying to save, desappear.

It happens on both Win 10 and Win 7 clients. Never reported with MAC cleints.

Also, trying just opening the Projects Workspace, living on Nexis, using the Windows Explorer renders on a "no permission to access this folder" error... restarting the workstation reverts this situation but not the loss of the clips on the bin - solved by geting it from the ATTIC and loosing the last 5 to 10 min of work.

• Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:46 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,255
    • Points 27,845
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: Nexis client, folders in workspaces occasionally locked on windows user level.

The NEXIS 2019.2.2 Client was released that should resolve the locked file issue.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Thu, Mar 21 2019 7:38 PM In reply to

Thank you Bob. Downloading now and will be testing from tomorrow at multiple sites.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Wed, Mar 27 2019 1:23 AM In reply to

• jamesdebenham
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 12 2006
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 56
    • Points 715

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Thank you Bob. Downloading now and will be testing from tomorrow at multiple sites.

Any feedback yet Jeroen?

I just finished rolling out the 19.2.2 NEXIS client to our student and staff machines, not enough usage yet today to say if it's worked or not. 

MC / PT / NEXIS / INTERPLAY / AIRSPEED / CAPTURE / MEDIA CENTRAL [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 27 2019 10:18 AM In reply to

Yes, it is still too early to call but I have not heard of any issues on 1 site where all MC clients and telestream vantage servers have been updated. At another 2 sites the upgrades are still in progress.

I did get a report back that since the install of the new Nexis client MC needs more time to open and login into interplay. I have not looked into that yet.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Mar 27 2019 11:53 AM In reply to

• hsync
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 8 2010
    • Soho, London
    • Posts 16
    • Points 180

We are rolling out the latest CM, no issues yet, but too soon to say.

• Wed, Mar 27 2019 6:52 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 356
    • Points 4,210

still seeing bin save issues (corrupt & 0KB, disappearing from project window) with 19.2.2, macos 10.13.6, MC2018.12...Angry

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Tue, Apr 2 2019 7:20 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,255
    • Points 27,845
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

The fix in 19.2.2 was specific to Windows: "Fixed related issues in which Windows clients running Avid NEXIS Client Manager version 2018.11 or 2019.2 with Media Compose..."

The issue you're seeing isn't related. Do you have Antivirus software running?

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Apr 8 2019 3:45 PM In reply to

• hsync
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 8 2010
    • Soho, London
    • Posts 16
    • Points 180

I'm afraid we have just had an occurance of this problem on a windoes client running the 19.2.2.13 CM.

Have forwarded logs to our Avid support provider.

Exact same symptoms I described earlier.

• Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:19 PM In reply to

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 405
    • Points 5,315

I still have mystical problems....and it is solved by renaming the client's computer name(or rename the computer folder in project)

running 19.2.2 and MC 2018.12.3

• Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:36 PM In reply to

The issue has improved but is still present with 19.2.2. At one site, 9 edits with a Nexis pro, the problem has appeared 3 times over the past 3 weeks.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, May 3 2019 6:16 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • PA
    • Posts 139
    • Points 1,750

So, this problem just reappeard on our systems today. We upgraded to 19.4 last week. Just for funsies I tried having the user log out and then I logged in under a variety of other usernames. And no matter which username was used the folders were Permission Denied.

Uninstalling Nexis Client, rebooting, re-installing Nexis Client, and rebooting again restored access. But, we already know from past expierence this is only a temporary fix.

Another, maybe related issue that we've started to see is that randomly Nexis mounted drives won't show up in Windows Explorer. The whole drive letter won't show. Typing the drive letter into explorer gives the error that no such drive exists. Likeweise, Avid can't see the drive either. BUT, opening a command prompt and CD to the drive letter does work and we can do a DIR list of the drive as well. If we kill the Explorer process and re-luanch Explorer - the drive letter shows up and is accessible by Avid.

This is under Windows 10 v1803. Getting very frustrated.

HP zBook 17 G3, z220, HP z240, HP z420, HP z440, HP z840, HP Z4 G4, Dell Precision 3430, Dell Precision 7810, Apple iMac i5 27-Inch (5K, Late 2015). 16GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 9 2019 1:03 PM In reply to

I would just like to inform all of you that Avid is aware that the issue was only partially fixed in 19.2.2 and they indicated 'they are on it'.

So patience is the only option we have.

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller