Latest post Thu, Mar 21 2019 7:38 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 4 2019 2:17 AM In reply to

• jamesdebenham
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 12 2006
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 55
    • Points 700

Re: Nexis client, folders in workspaces occasionally locked on windows user level.

Just jumping in to say we are also having this problem on a brand new NEXIS E4 system and with the 2018.11 client.

Is manifesting for us as vanishing bins in MC and being unable to access specific folders at a Windows level.

Our projects are on a Projects Workspace and Windows explorer can navigate to the 2016, 2017 and 2019 folders but oddly 2018 throws up a permissions error.

No workaround currently in place. 

MC / PT / NEXIS / INTERPLAY / AIRSPEED / CAPTURE / MEDIA CENTRAL [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 4 2019 6:38 AM In reply to

Re: Nexis client, folders in workspaces occasionally locked on windows user level.

jamesdebenham:
    we are also having this problem on a brand new NEXIS E4 system and with the 2018.11 client

Hi James,

Is your Nexis core also on 2018.11 or still on an older version?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Mon, Mar 4 2019 8:23 AM In reply to

• jamesdebenham
    • Not Ranked
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 55
    • Points 700

Jeroen van Eekeres:
    Is your Nexis core also on 2018.11 or still on an older version?

Most up to date version. I logged this today with Avid Support who replied:

"We have an open ticket for this and currently working with the Engineering team in their lab with bug number "SSENG-21110". Initially, they're saying that this case is not a Nexis bug and it may be an MC bug. We'll keep you posted on this once we have the update fix from our team."

MC / PT / NEXIS / INTERPLAY / AIRSPEED / CAPTURE / MEDIA CENTRAL [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 6 2019 11:15 AM In reply to

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 395
    • Points 5,215

when this happen, I rename the computer, and the problem is solved for a while..

• Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:03 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 349
    • Points 4,095

So, at first I thought 2018.12 background save was causing some issues for me on a new E4 2018.11 site. Now that i'm reading this thread, it looks exactly like what i'm seeing - disappearing bins, locked host folders inside of project directories, bins saving and then appearing as "avid nexis bins."  

has anyone upgraded to nexis 2019.2 and seen an improvement?

has anyone downgraded from mc2018.12 and seen an improvement?

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:31 PM In reply to

Hi again all,

Saw the issue today on a HP z4 2018.11 client + 2018.11 core Nexis Pro 40TB. So it can still happen on a 2018.11 system.

Uninstall- reinstall of the client restored access to the folder,

That said, another large site (3 E4 chassis 360TB) that had the issue occasionally has been rock solid since the upgrade 6 weeks ago.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

• Sun, Mar 10 2019 10:43 PM In reply to

• jamesdebenham
    • Not Ranked
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 55
    • Points 700

NYnutz:

I'm going to roll out the 2019.2 client to our staff production suites this week so will report back if we get any improvements.

• Tue, Mar 12 2019 12:32 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • New York City
    • Posts 349
    • Points 4,095

jamesdebenham:

NYnutz:

I'm going to roll out the 2019.2 client to our staff production suites this week so will report back if we get any improvements.

support has advised me that 2019.2 client contains some tweaks to increase latency tolerances and has told me to upgrade. Currently in process of doing ~30 workstation upgrades. between this and disabling 2018.12 background save, we have seen a significant reduction in odd client behavior over the last week. 

Dave

"A very big network"

• Tue, Mar 12 2019 2:10 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

Did support refer to any SSENG fix number for example:

[SSENG-20933] Fixed an issue in High Performance Storage Groups when the system has a failed or missing drive, where a read that directly follows a write can result in a spurious read error

or

[SSENG-18450] Deleting large amount of data from an Avid NEXIS | Cloud Storage workspace caused performance degradation for read operations.

?

• Tue, Mar 12 2019 7:08 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • New York City
    • Posts 349
    • Points 4,095

Based on this thread, I asked about SSENG-21110, which was described as"unstable connection of the Nexis Client Manager to the network when the project is open", and the recomendation was to upgrade to nexis client manager 2019.2

Dave

"A very big network"

• Wed, Mar 13 2019 7:05 AM In reply to

Thanks Dave.

So I open the readme of 2019.2 which has the fixes introduced in 2018.3 and later and do a search for SSENG-21110 and find nothing.

• Thu, Mar 14 2019 10:50 PM In reply to

• jamesdebenham
    • Not Ranked
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 55
    • Points 700

NYnutz:

jamesdebenham:

NYnutz:

support has advised me that 2019.2 client contains some tweaks to increase latency tolerances and has told me to upgrade. Currently in process of doing ~30 workstation upgrades. between this and disabling 2018.12 background save, we have seen a significant reduction in odd client behavior over the last week. 

I'm still having vanishing bins with the 2019.2 client. My staff editors know how to recover it if it happens to them but I am quite worried that the students will be starting soon.

• Fri, Mar 15 2019 1:33 AM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:
    So I open the readme of 2019.2 which has the fixes introduced in 2018.3 and later and do a search for SSENG-21110 and find nothing.

And today I learned that this is because it's not included in 2019.2 but it does exist and will be included in a future release.

• Fri, Mar 15 2019 10:39 AM In reply to

• VPROIMCT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 11 2013
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 13
    • Points 175

We are doing a major upgrade in a few weeks where we replace infrastructure and go fiber all the way. That incudes upgrading some clients to new client managers and i am not looking forward to it. We have Isis not Nexis and i have servers that keep loosing connectivity which is problematic the least. All workspaces turn orange, not able to log out and in as it states there is nog more connection. Rebooting is the only wat to solve it.

On the editor side we seem to be lucky after the first disaster of locking bins etc. Downgrading to 18.9.015 solved out issues for now.

Still a nasty bug that seems peskyer (is that even a word?) then we thought.

Menno

40 x MC 2018.11 - Interplay 3.x - 256 Tb Isis 7500 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 15 2019 5:28 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • New York City
    • Posts 349
    • Points 4,095

jamesdebenham:

NYnutz:

jamesdebenham:

NYnutz:

I'm still having vanishing bins with the 2019.2 client. My staff editors know how to recover it if it happens to them but I am quite worried that the students will be starting soon.

same situation here. 2019.2 client has not resolved the bin issues. we are drilling everyone on disabling background save via console and weighing a potential rollback to 2018.11 or waiting for a 2019.3(4)? release

Dave

"A very big network"

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller