Latest post Mon, Jun 26 2017 8:18 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:22 PM

Nexis client, folders in workspaces occasionally locked on windows user level.

Dear Avid, Bob,

I see another case being opened for the latest project I'm doing but before doing so I wonder if you ever saw this before Bob?

About once a week a client of the Nexis storage, it can be a win10 editing client or win 2012r2 server like SGL all of a sudden produces a user rights access warning when you try to access a sub folder or parent folder while browsing either in an apllication or windows itself. Only resolution is to quit nexis client and start it again and that immediatly resolves it.

In the past 6 weeks I have become aware of it happening 4,5 times. So it's not a killer but still a bit worrying.

I've seen it happen with 7.3.2 client and 7.5. Weirdly never with 7.4. And because the 7.4 client accidentally did not include the fix  that could under circumstances cause the media indexer to BSOD, I wonder if that's related or just pure coincedence.

I already have a case open because 7.5 client causes BSOD's on 2 SGL Flashnet servers, probably because RSS is enabled on the 10G cards and wonder if I should open a case for this one folder user rights issue too.

Regards,

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Sat, Jun 24 2017 7:41 AM In reply to

Re: Nexis client, folders in workspaces occasionally locked on windows user level.

I opened a case as recently this problem appeared on an editing system with the projects folder.

The response from support however amazed me. Their advice is to use the same Nexis client version throughout the system. Using mixed versions could cause this.

If so, why is this not mentioned in the readme?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, Jun 26 2017 4:46 PM In reply to

Re: Nexis client, folders in workspaces occasionally locked on windows user level.

Are the files Read-only and the application is trying to copy, move, rename, or delete? Files with the Read-only Attribute can't be modified by design. When clips are locked in a Media Composer bin, the Read-only Attribute is added. Other shared storage that claims compatibility with Media Composer doesn't honor this attribute.

There was a change in Windows 7 with how Read-only files are handled. In Vista and earlier, it a file is Read-only it can't be deleted. In Windows 7 and later, read-only files can't be modified but can be copied, moved, renamed, or deleted.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Jun 26 2017 8:18 PM In reply to

Hi Bob,

The folders are not accessible at all when this occurs. While at the same folder level in the same workspace other folders can be accessed. I've also seen it happen when trying to access sub folders or a parent folder (which is even weirder).

With Nexis client 7.3.2 a quit and start of nexis client would resolve the issue. With Nexis client 7.5 however this did not work. It would stay inaccessible. With Nexis client 7.4 however I have not seen the issue which is the reason I didn't open a case before.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller