Latest post Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:25 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 9 2017 6:43 PM

• johanV2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 7 2011
    • Posts 12
    • Points 130

Avid Media Composer 7.0.2. is crashing when editing effect LCONCEAL - CONCEAL

Hello,

When I place the effect Conceal / Lconceal in the timeline and then I edit this effect with the effect editor I get the following message:

Assertion failed !("WHo\'s calling this?!?!?") File:..\..\src\Consumers\EffectMan\ARealTimeEffect.c, line: 102

I have allready tested the same effect in another project and also in a testproject and I 've got the same error ! Same error with the effects "flip" "flop".... Other effects don't give this error message when editing.

I have found the same item in the forum A.M.C. for PC without a solution mentionned ....

I am working with Avid 7.0.2 under Win 7 Prof SP 1 64 bit - IntelCore I7 CPU 920 @2.67 GHZ - Ram 24 GB

Is there anyone who can help me ?

Thanks for your response !

Johan

Windows 7 Prof 64 bit SP 1 CPU IntelCore I7 920 @ 2,67 GHZ Ram 24 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:12 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Media Composer 7.0.2. is crashing when editing effect LCONCEAL - CONCEAL

Have you tested it with a fresh new user setting in a fresh new project to eleminate those as possible issues?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 12:48 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Media Composer 7.0.2. is crashing when editing effect LCONCEAL - CONCEAL

If you're desperate and need a workaround, you could use the 3d Warp effect to do an LConceal, Flip, or Flop. It's a little more work than just dropping on a premade effect, but it might get the job done while you're waiting for a solution to the crashes.

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:45 PM In reply to

• johanV2
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 130

Hello Pat,

Sorry, I have not mentionned that I have made indeed a fresh new user profile but I work still in the old project (where the crashing began).

Till today I don't have no more troubles with effect editing....

Regards

Johan

Windows 7 Prof 64 bit SP 1 CPU IntelCore I7 920 @ 2,67 GHZ Ram 24 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:56 PM In reply to

• johanV2
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 130

Hello Camoscato,

Thanks for the tip but I have found that my Avid MC program was reinstalled in a wrong way after my PC was repaired !  The program must be installed with an ADMINISTRATOR account and not with an "account with administrator privileges"   (cfr AMC Guide) !!!!! I have reinstalled AMC with a real ADMINISTRATOR account and now editing effects works fine again ! I have also made a new user profile.

I wrote this solution in another post about the same error but with the VERT effect....

Regards

Johan

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:25 PM In reply to

I'm glad to hear you were able to find the solution!

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller