Latest post Fri, Jun 16 2017 1:23 AM by Martin Fox. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 29 2017 11:31 PM

Sync Point Overwrite as Opt+B

Hi there Avid people,

Recently been working the "Sync Point Overwrite" command into my workflow, particularly with music and SFX. Real neat feature, but it's super cumbersome to activate & deactivate.

Seems that in Avid 8.8.3 you have to be focused on the Composer window for "Sync Point Overwrite" command to become available. And since I use regular Overwrite 98% of the time, I find myself slowing down to activate and deactivate this mode.

Was wondering if it were possible to make this a hotkey command as "Opt+B". I currently have made a macro which switches me in and out of Sync Point, but it's not 100% reliable, and would much prefer an in-Avid solution.

Working off a 2013 Mac Pro. 8-Core. 64 GB RAM. Avid 8.8.3. AJA IoXT.

Thanks for listening, hope you have a good week.

Avid v8.8.2. MacPro 2013 (3GHz 8-core, 64GB RAM, FirePro D700) running 10.11.6. AJA IoXT. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 16 2017 1:23 AM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 42
    • Points 455

Re: Sync Point Overwrite as Opt+B

I use the replace command mapped to shift v to accomplish the sync point edit.

(you need the right boundaries on the clip or filler you are replacing, like add edits etc)

i line up the hit point on the source and edit sides, with the play head and hit replace , voila 

iMac Retina27 late 2014 4Gz i7 16GB AMD R9 2GB with Sata Raid OS 10.11.6 MC 8.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller