Latest post Tue, Sep 19 2017 12:33 PM by Walter Johan. 38 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 5 2017 11:01 AM In reply to

• cuervo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, May 2 2008
    • Santa Fe, NM
    • Posts 1,171
    • Points 15,560

Re: Any Media Composer news at NAB?

Right on Tiger_XP

SYS1:ASUS Z97, Haswell 4.0GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, Quadro 4200 + GTX1070, Thunderbolt II -DNxIO-FSI CM171 ///SYS2:ASUS Maximus Extreme V, Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz... [view my complete system specs]

M-Power Independent Video and Film Services, Sony PMW-F5--Sony FS700U--Canon 7d--Odyssey 7Q

• Sat, May 6 2017 6:45 AM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 2 2007
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

Hey! Someone is playing around!Big Smile I don't think this is from Avid but it should have been!

• Sat, May 6 2017 7:19 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,274
    • Points 61,870

Someone forgot to mention smooth AMA playback, improved colour correction, subframe audio editing, true resolution indipendence, improved effects handling, 4K GUI support, a sensible menu redesign in place of the actual mess.... I could go on for pages, but please feel free to name Your favorite decades waited for feature or improvement request.

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sat, May 6 2017 7:58 AM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 2 2007
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

Amended

• Mon, May 8 2017 1:46 AM In reply to

Hi,

Marianna asked me to jump in here.  There are a lot of comments here so I will try to round them up.  There was a bunch of news at NAB for Media Composer and I think some of the folks posted most of them including DNxIQ, Media Composer First, Media Composer Cloud | VM.  There was also a demo at Avid Connect from Dell/AMD showing performance improvements with Open CL, we've been doing some work in this area.  The ACA vote was something many of the folks here contributed too and many of the items seen on the slide are in development including a new title tool.  We had a demo for the show floor but decided to not show or announce.  The titler is using some of the technology from the Orad acquisition.  You will hear more about this in the coming months but it is being worked on.  We have been pretty open with our development as of late, including the work being done and announced with the ACA.  Background save came up pretty high on the list so we are allocating some architects to take a look and see if there is a new approach.  In my 9 years as product manager, we have made some improvements to this but we are taking a second look.  The other ACA items are true also, improved color correction is also on the list of things being worked on.  Since we are on a monthly release schedule its sometimes difficult to keep up on all the changes coming for Media Composer and sometimes we do not save things for NAB (like the ScriptSync and PhraseFind relaunch done in Feb for instance).

Thanks

Dave

• Mon, May 8 2017 8:17 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 709
    • Points 10,825

I appreciate this update. I am, perhaps, looking in the wrong places for development news, since all of this was new information to me.  What is the best place for people to keep up-to-date on the development? If there is a link to this information, that would help me out, since I've not been finding it.

Media Composer 8.X (usually newest release), Avid matrix-recommended versions of both Nvidia driver and Quicktime, Matrox Mini MX02, Self-built machine... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Tue, May 9 2017 1:17 PM In reply to

Hi,  The best way is the ACA, its free to join and you will see more info and data and votes coming.  You can also ask Marianna or me.  We try to be transparent with our roadmap but sometimes things get delayed or there are only so many things we can say publically.  Thanks again! 

Dave

• Tue, May 9 2017 3:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,195
    • Points 205,310
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Thanks so much Dave for jumpng in and responding.  means a lot to the communty when you do this - they know you are slammed with product stuff so the fact that you jump in is great and I appreciate it.

I am back now from a few days off so I'll be watching and answering.

Thanks again 

marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Sep 19 2017 12:33 PM In reply to

Are there any updates from IBC on the planned features that were shown in the graphic last May? Next-gen title tool didn't make it in April, so I'm wondering how the rest is coming along. And are there any details about how certain tools will be improved? For example, what does enhanced color correction mean? The realtime scopes in 8.9 could be called 'enhanced color correction', or are there completely new tools in development?

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-core 3.4GHz GPU: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11G MB: Gigabyte X399 Designare EX RAM: 64GB Kingston HyperX Predator HX430C15PB3K4... [view my complete system specs]
Page 3 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller