Latest post Tue, Sep 19 2017 12:33 PM by Walter Johan. 38 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 22 2017 11:01 PM

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,930

Any Media Composer news at NAB?

Can anyone at NAB share any news about updates or new features for Media Composer? It was the first day of Avid Connect and I haven't seen anything specifically about Media Composer on the Avid blog or twitterverse.

Are more announcements coming tomorrow? Hopefully?

Self-built -- Always current MC version with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard and Core i7-6850K, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 24 2017 2:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,675
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Any Media Composer news at NAB?

wkumingo

Here are a few of the things coming this year....

1.  Artist | DNxIQ - replaces Artist | DNxIO - more suported formats etc....  and can capture, monitor, and output SD, HD, 2K, UHD, and 4K content.  

2.  Media Composer | First - the simple-to-use editing tool set with many of the same features and functionality that award-winning Media Composer editors rely on, in a new powerful, streamlined interface.   June 2017

3. VM on Media Composer - Avid is actively working on a new licensing option to allow Media Composer to work in a virtual environment. Users can just spin up a new version of Media Composer off a virtualized server.  Q2 2017

4.  Media Composer Cloud. Virtualized editing. Edit anywhere and everywhere. Even on Microsoft Surface!

5.  NEXIS support for ProTools.

6.  Voting resuts from ACA for future features in MC  --

Hope that at least lets you inon some of the goodness....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 24 2017 7:24 PM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,930

Thanks for the photo! I'm intrigued by Next Gen Title Tool and the other things planned for 2017.

Self-built -- Always current MC version with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard and Core i7-6850K, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 25 2017 5:27 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,107
    • Points 60,060

If You want some NAB/Avid news ask the competition!

https://www.redsharknews.com/post/item/4538-free-media-composer-media-composer-first

Too little, too late, as usual with Avid: with fully functional Resolve, Lightworks, Media 100, Hitfilm, and who knows what else, this crippled down version of MC is going to be a boomerang, instead of making new addicts it will drive even more potential customers away from Avid, eight audio tracks are a bad taste joke nowadays, and enough to pi$$ off anyone. The people at Avid don't learn from past mistakes, they already released Avid free some years ago, and it was so inoperable that nobody took it seriously...

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 5:54 AM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 483
    • Points 6,130

Yea seems that Resolve has become a full editor now. I think Avid really needs to work on adding some CC to MC 

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 7:35 AM In reply to

Just my $0,02

1. Indifferent.

2.Good news. But a repeat of a past 'promise'. And these repetitions cause a loss of credibility in my case. I'm a great supporter of roadmaps but if they do not meet expectations... A case of announce when ready.

3. Very very very interesting but wonder what the IO and performance restrictions will be. Love to test.

4. Couldn't care less.

5. Perfect!

6. No comments.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 3:42 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 689
    • Points 10,505

Could we get a picture of the AMA voting that isn't cropped and missing stuff? This is by far the most interesting thing from Avid at NAB. Everything else is not important at all to 99% of us. But a roadmap for features? That's news. And cropped. Hint hint. 

Even going to the ACA website news feed (I am a member) there are exactly ZERO news stories about the voting results. Seems to be intentionally swept under the carpet.

Almost no other explanation for the total media blackout on this announcement except for this partial photo in an obscure forum (BTW Marianna, thank you for this little taste). But the official announcements (or total lack thereof) is SUPER odd. I'm assuming Avid has at least one part-time public relations person? Or an intern? Maybe not? Sure does not seem like it.  Avid - get an intern to do some PR for you.

EDIT: Ok, I was able to find a full photo by finding some random person's twitter pics.  Nice job, folks.

Both Transfer/Blending Modes and the Live Timeline are "Under Investigation".  So, not even planned for 2018.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Avid Free (or whatever it's called) has these features before MC.  I'm curious what year the company thinks it is.  On the positive side, a new title tool! Soon! If anyone has a link, I woudl actually love to watch this presentation.

Media Composer 8.X (usually newest release), Avid matrix-recommended versions of both Nvidia driver and Quicktime, Matrox Mini MX02, Self-built machine... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 5:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,675
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Sorry Mike....

Blame my Flu and Bronchitis... 

Let me see what I can get to post today....... been under the weather.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 5:46 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,307
    • Points 16,090

You can right click on the photo and choose view image.Smile

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 6:03 PM In reply to

• EvanAA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 7 2016
    • Posts 35
    • Points 450

I don't think the title tool will ever change. It has not in over 15 years, really. When I have spoken too Avid people they say to use Blue title or photo shop

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 6:05 PM In reply to

• EvanAA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 7 2016
    • Posts 35
    • Points 450

So for the third year not really change to MC or Symphony operating, features, something new?

-E

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 7:23 PM In reply to

EvanAA:
    third year not really change to MC or Symphony operating, features, something new?
    Maybe a different way of doing it now. As I see it throughout the last year there has been multiple updates, many of which had new features. Previously most new features woud have been bundled into a New Version / update that may have been announced at NAB. Then subsequent bug fix releases throughout the year.

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 7:23 PM In reply to

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 7:37 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 689
    • Points 10,505

smrpix:

You can right click on the photo and choose view image.Smile

Ahh. In my browser, it's "View Image in New Tab", but your point is well taken. Embarrassed

Nothing quite like exposing my own stupidity in front of the entire internet. At least I'm smarter now than I was this morning.  Thank you Mr. Smrpix.

Media Composer 8.X (usually newest release), Avid matrix-recommended versions of both Nvidia driver and Quicktime, Matrox Mini MX02, Self-built machine... [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 7:48 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 689
    • Points 10,505

Marianna:

Sorry Mike....

Blame my Flu and Bronchitis... 

Let me see what I can get to post today....... been under the weather.

Marianna

Don't stress yourself too much. As far as I'm concerned, you literally can do no wrong.

Of all the people at Avid Inc, you alone seem to be the lifeline of awesomness. Doing about dozen people's work for them, or so it seems. I don't know what we'd do without you.

Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller