Latest post Sun, Jun 10 2018 10:26 AM by Sergi Lladó. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 19 2017 4:10 PM

• mlarosa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 28 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Timeline empty areas do not display as black

We are having an issue with several iMacs running Avid MC 8.7.2 

Several computers do not display black for an empty part of the timeline in Avid. Many of them do display black (as they are supposed to) but several (about 5) display video distortion lines like old TV green and yellow and pink, or sometimes just lime green. Only when there is empty track OR when there is black filler added. When someone on one of these computers uses a dissolve or a title with transparency, it dissolves from/to the video distortion or displays the title over video distortion. 

I have checked every display and timeline setting menu I can find, everything looks the same as the computers that are displaying normally. These are new computers, it has happened on several projects using HD and SD footage, and it is native to the computer, not the project. 

The only thing that solves this is making an actual black graphic and putting that in the timeline. Adding black filler does not work. There is an image attached of the bright green screen. 

Tearing my hair out over this one, and have never ever seen it before, nor can I find anything about when the track doesn't display black or reverts to odd video resolution lines. 

Anyone know what to do? 

THese are new iMacs - Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M380 

• Fri, Apr 21 2017 3:52 PM In reply to

Re: Timeline empty areas do not display as black

Hey, not really understanding what that picture is supposed to be, but I would suggest you look at what's happening on a scope as it could be a myriad of things.

Such as;

1)  Is it in your source/record or just video playout?

2)  If it's just video playout, what are you using to spit out picture?  T-Tap?  Blackmagic?  How is that run?

3)  Is it in ALL project formats?  i.e., 1080/23, vs 1080/5994.

3)  Try other software to spit out picture and see if an identical problem exists.

4)  Since gap causes it and black does not, are you certain your 'black' is the same 'black' as gap 'black?'

5)  If #4 is true, then try tossing out the MC State and/or reinstalling the AVID Settings Files becuase here are sourced things that maybe are corrupt.

Good luck

Jason

Hackintosh OC'd 4.2 i7-1070 9GB-32 GB RAM-Solid State Boot-8x Fibre to Terrablock Currently running 10.13.4 Symphony 2018.9.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 10 2018 10:26 AM In reply to

• Sergi Lladó
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 11 2010
    • Vic, CATALONIA
    • Posts 18
    • Points 230

Re: Timeline empty areas do not display as black

Hi, I have the same problem and I think it's about the blackmagic card I have installed. Did you manage to solve it?

Thanks!

Intel i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 64GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K2200, Win 10 Pro x64, MC2018.9, DeckLink Mini monitor HD. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller