Latest post Tue, Apr 25 2017 4:57 AM by luca.mg. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 19 2017 9:10 AM

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 9 2006
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 420
    • Points 5,740

Upgraded to 8.8.2 now ilok is not running

I have just upgraded my edit 3 laptop (Avid approved HP8760w, windows 7), using the application manager. I have upgraded this way on previous occasions and all has been good, but this time I get an error message that ilok is not running and then one that says the audio plugins wont work. I have tried de and re-activating to no avail. Anyone else seen this and what should I do to fix - all suggestions welcome.

MattB

Edit 1:- Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz (self build) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Mobo 24GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (Nvidia driver... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

• Wed, Apr 19 2017 9:25 AM In reply to

• jaraszek
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 29 2011
    • Poland
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Re: Upgraded to 8.8.2 now ilok is not running

Hi MattB

Just download latest version ilok installer

http://installers.ilok.com/iloklicensemanager/LicenseSupportInstallerWin64.zip

Unpack, install, restart computer and You are good to go.

cheers

Lenovo P50 Win10 MC 8.6.5 AJA IO Express [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 19 2017 9:28 AM In reply to

• limeli1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Harelbeke - Belgium
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,090

Happens sometimes. Don't know why that happens.

Solution:

Go to Task Manager, click on tab 'Services', type 'P' to show all entries starting with a P and check that the 'PaceLicenseDServices' is running (right column should show 'active'). If not start it manually by right clicking.

Dell M6700 portable - Intel Core i7 - 24 gig RAM - Windows 10 Enterprise - NVIDIA Quadro K3000M & Intel HD Graphics 4000 - MC 8.9.1 - 2TB USB drive... [view my complete system specs]

Reginald Adamson Writer - Director - Cameraman Limelight Productions

• Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:43 AM In reply to

• Woldcam
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2007
    • Stavanger, Norway
    • Posts 37
    • Points 415

jaraszek:

Hi MattB

Just download latest version ilok installer

http://installers.ilok.com/iloklicensemanager/LicenseSupportInstallerWin64.zip

Unpack, install, restart computer and You are good to go.

cheers

As you are using Windows 7, you also need to make sure you have the following update installed to be able to install the latest iLok-software:

Beginning with Version 3.1.3 of License Support, which includes the iLok License Manager application and the drivers and services required to authorize iLok-protected software, Windows 7 must have specific updates already installed prior to running the License Support installer. If the correct update is not installed, the following error message is seen:

Please use the following steps to check for the specific Windows 7 update that is required:

1. Click on the Start button and go to Control Panel.
    2. Go to Programs and Features to the Uninstall section (Note: you will not be uninstalling anything).
    3. In the left column, click on the option that says View Installed Updates.
    4. Look through the Microsoft Windows updates for either update KB3125574 or update KB3033929

If you do not have KB3125574 or KB3033929 then you will need to download the KB3125574 update from Microsoft's website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574 and install it.

You can find the update here: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb3125574

4xMedia Composer Nitris DX, 1xMedia Composer, 1xUnity, 1xTerraBlock 24 EX [view my complete system specs]

If you can't fix it with gaffa, you haven't used enough!

• Wed, Apr 19 2017 1:46 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

limeli1:

Happens sometimes. Don't know why that happens.

Solution:

Go to Task Manager, click on tab 'Services', type 'P' to show all entries starting with a P and check that the 'PaceLicenseDServices' is running (right column should show 'active'). If not start it manually by right clicking.

Spot on limeli1 Yes  as a matter of fact I can easily repro the error message by stop the Pacelicenseservices.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 19 2017 3:38 PM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 420
    • Points 5,740

Thank all for the advice so far - still no joy though. My system says it has KB3033929 installed already, but trying to install KB3125574 it says it is not suitable for my machine (I checked that it was the 64bit version).

Out of habit I have Windows update disabled usually, but I have enabled it and spent most of the day applying all available updates. Ilok still wont install - it stos with an error message that there are still updates to windows required, but there are no more available as far as I can tell; I'm up to date.

This is frustrating - back on it tomorrow.

Edit 1:- Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz (self build) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Mobo 24GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (Nvidia driver... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

• Wed, Apr 19 2017 4:32 PM In reply to

Look at this KB  item it shows that some computers need to install a different update before installing KB3125574. I may have that update.   You may need to uninstall any Windows update after SP1 if you can.  It works well when you get it right.

On the ProTools side they recently allowed Machine ID activation for some of the iLok plug ins to get rid of this problem. Hopefully this gets to MC soon.

• Thu, Apr 20 2017 5:19 PM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 420
    • Points 5,740

Solved - with the help of RalphC above. Andrew and others were correct, I needed a specific MS KB update (don't know which one - I eventually had to go through numerous windows update/reboot cycles untill there were absolutley no more available), However I was eventually able to get the KB3125574 to install, (which didnt happen through all the update process), and then get the Ilok software to install.

all now appear to be working happily again

Thanks to all who chipped in with suggestions and especially RalphC. We got there.

Matt B

• Thu, Apr 20 2017 5:35 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi MattB, 

Big thanks to Andrew who figure this out and supplied the KB. Yes

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 21 2017 9:40 AM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 420
    • Points 5,740

RalphC:

Hi MattB, 

Big thanks to Andrew who figure this out and supplied the KB. Yes

Absolutley - cheers Andrew

Matt B

• Fri, Apr 21 2017 1:50 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 870
    • Points 11,205

Just for information:

The PACE-license service is started with a delay after booting the system. If you start MC immediately after booting your system, it happens, that the PACE-service is not yet running, and hence you get the described licensing error.

You may avoid this by changing the start parameter of the PACE-licensing service from "automatic (delayed)" to "automatic". To make this change, click the "Windows" icon, enter Services in the search field, and open the "services" app. Go down the list to "Pace License Service". Double-click the service, and change the start-type to "automatic".

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Fri, Apr 21 2017 2:53 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Joachim Claus:

Just for information:

The PACE-license service is started with a delay after booting the system. If you start MC immediately after booting your system, it happens, that the PACE-service is not yet running, and hence you get the described licensing error.

You may avoid this by changing the start parameter of the PACE-licensing service from "automatic (delayed)" to "automatic". To make this change, click the "Windows" icon, enter Services in the search field, and open the "services" app. Go down the list to "Pace License Service". Double-click the service, and change the start-type to "automatic".

Joachim

It's true if the Pacelicense program is not running. In MattB's case, the Pace is not installed due to a Windows KB update problem that Andrew describe in his post.

• Mon, Apr 24 2017 11:07 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,036
    • Points 59,330

Have had this issue on 8.8.1, went away with 8.8.2, came back with the 17.4.0 AppMan update, got rid of it by switching the PACE service from delayed to automatic as per Joachim's (thank You chap!) instruction.

MC 8.8, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Apr 24 2017 5:56 PM In reply to

Though the symptons looks very similar on different Windows systems the fix(s) may be very different for Windows 7 users to the one(s) that work with later versions of Windows.

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 4:57 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,036
    • Points 59,330

Indeed Andrew!

MC 8.8, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller