Latest post Mon, Apr 17 2017 2:49 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 15 2017 4:15 PM

• LPG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 9 2005
    • Venice, CA
    • Posts 114
    • Points 1,400

Exporting 4 Audio Split Quicktime

Hello,

I was wondering how to go about exporting a quicktime with 4 split audio tracks. The quicktime needs to be Prores 422.

I've made split DNX quicktimes in the past by exporting a qtref and then opening with quicktime 7 and going to "save as..", "Self contained movie", but not sure how to make one that's prores.

-LPG

• Sat, Apr 15 2017 10:24 PM In reply to

Re: Exporting 4 Audio Split Quicktime

Transcode or mixdown your sequence to Apple ProRes. Add the individual tracks. Export Same-As-Source and set audio export settimg to Direct Out.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 16 2017 1:45 AM In reply to

• LPG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 9 2005
    • Venice, CA
    • Posts 114
    • Points 1,400

Excellent, thank you Job I'll give that a try.

• Mon, Apr 17 2017 2:49 PM In reply to

I haven't done this in a while, but there were issues with exporting ProRes Direct Out movies in previous MC, in that the audio was garbled.

The workaround, IIRC, was to either export a DNxHD Direct Out QuickTime or use QuickTime Pro to marry ProRes video to the Direct Out audio.

Let us know if the easy way works or not.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller