Latest post Sat, Apr 15 2017 9:42 PM by TrevorA. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 12 2017 4:55 PM

• Melissa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 12 2017
    • New York
    • Posts 6
    • Points 130

Render In/Out Issues

We recently updated our 6 edit stations from Avid 8.4.5 to 8.6.5 and have found that whenever we select "render in/out," Avid will render every effect in that range regardless of whether or not it has already been rendered. In the past, if we had a 3-minute long sequence with 40 effects on it, but only 10 were unrendered, we would select the full sequence and render in/out and Avid would know to only render the 10 underendered effects and skip over the 30 already rendered effects. Now, since the upgrade, it will render everything including re-rendering the 30 effects that are already rendered. 

Is this a known bug? Or is there a way to force Avid to only render what is underendered? I've considered using expert render in/out, but I'm lead to believe that only affects effects that need to be rendered for a smooth playback, and we want to make sure every effect is rendered regardless if it will playback fine without. 

Thanks!

Z820, 32GB RAM, Windows 7 ISIS 5500 and Interplay Environment [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 15 2017 6:58 PM In reply to

• knejmann
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Århus, Denmark
    • Posts 178
    • Points 1,925

Re: Render In/Out Issues

melissalastweek:
    I've considered using expert render in/out, but I'm lead to believe that only affects effects that need to be rendered for a smooth playback

That is one of the uses of Expert Render. If you choose Render entire selection you sould get the result you want :-)

Media Composer 8.2.11 (some with Symphony option) - Windows 7 - HP Z420/Z820 (Nitris DX), Lenovo W540 etc. - Interplay and NEXIS storage - Avid Artist... [view my complete system specs]

Kåre Nejmann

Danish Broadcasting Corporation - DR
    Aarhus, Denmark 

• Sat, Apr 15 2017 9:42 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,117
    • Points 12,720

Re: Render In/Out Issues

Bug has been there for a number of versions. Only occurs if you use a keyboard shortcut to render into out. I have it assigned to the timeline button bar instead. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller