Latest post Wed, Apr 12 2017 12:21 AM by Pixel Monkey. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 11 2017 6:20 PM

Media Composer 8.8.2 NOW AVAILABLE - 11 April 2017

Media Composer v8.8.2 has been released today.  

Media Composer v8.8.2 is available from My Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required) today, April 11, 2017

Change in v8.8.2:  The following has been changed:

-  Update to QuickTime Live Link Procedure -  use the QuickTime Live Link option if you update your QuickTime file in a 3rd party application such as After Effects or Final Cut Pro. For workflow information see the ReadMe.

There are a lot of Fixes in this update see the ReadMe

ReadMe:  
    The ReadMe for this release is available at  Media Composer ReadMe v8.8.2

How to obtain the Media Composer v8.8.2:   

1.        Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the v8.8.2 upgrade via the Application Manager . The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.

2.        New customers who purchase Media Composer on or after April 11th, 2017 will receive this v8.8.2 update in their Avid Master Account.

3.        Customers on current Upgrade & Support plans can download the Media Composer v8.8.2 update either from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.) 

4.        Customers not on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase an upgrade via the special offer available for Media Composer v3.0 and higher licenses.  This offer expires June 30th, 2017.

• Tue, Apr 11 2017 11:57 PM In reply to

• Marty McLean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 21
    • Points 185

Re: Media Composer 8.8.2 NOW AVAILABLE - 11 April 2017

Is Media Composer 8.8.2 compatible with macOS 10.12.4?

2014 MacBook Pro | macOS 10.12.6 | Media Composer 8.9 | 2.5GHz i7 | 16GB | GT 750M 2GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 12 2017 12:21 AM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,198
    • Points 14,945
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Media Composer 8.8.2 NOW AVAILABLE - 11 April 2017

Not yet.

10.12.4 just came out on 3/27. Typical turnaround for a new version of Composer to be fully tested and qualified for a new OS is in the ballpark of 30-days after the release of the OS. Although that has been a little delayed lately because these more recent versions of the MacOS have broken a great deal of things that everyone relies on. (Wacom drivers, GPU functionality and so on.)

So please be patient. They're definitely working on it.

Here's a post that goes into more detail if you need it: http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132615.aspx 

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller