Latest post Mon, Apr 3 2017 4:13 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 3 2017 12:40 PM

Delayed write failure on nexis client 7.3 on zone 4 100Mb connected Mac OS El capitan.

Hi Avid, Bob,

I just upgraded 2 Nexis Pro's from 6.0 to 7.3 at one of our customers in Greece. Upgrade went fine and all directly connected clients to the Dell switch work fine. However, without my prior knowledge, this client had an non editing Imac connected 7 floors up from the editing systems through their 100Mb office network just for copying files. They were able with version 6 to read and write to the Nexis without issue (weirdly) but with 7.3 client they can't write to the nexis anymore. Read still works.

Now I'm aware that 100Mb clients were never supported and since version 7.1.1 100Mb clients should not be able to connect but I would like to confirm that this practically applies to writing to the Nexis and not reading from the Nexis.

Regards,

Jeroen van Eekeres

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Mon, Apr 3 2017 12:57 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,251
    • Points 27,805
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: Delayed write failure on nexis client 7.3 on zone 4 100Mb connected Mac OS El capitan.

As you know a 100Mb connected client is not supported. We've seen issues with this causing the storage manager to crash. It isn't the Client Manager, but the system director that doesn't allow for the 100Mb client.

This should be blocked, but it might be specific to writing as that is what was causing the issue. Regardless, do not connect a 100Mb client to NEXIS.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Apr 3 2017 4:13 PM In reply to

Re: Delayed write failure on nexis client 7.3 on zone 4 100Mb connected Mac OS El capitan.

Understood.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller