Latest post Thu, Apr 27 2017 12:58 PM by James@Seamless. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 31 2017 3:05 PM

• brucifer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 95
    • Points 1,055

Script Sync is Great, continue to make it better!

First of all I must say, I really like working with script sync. It makes is so easy to audition takes quickly!

I do think though that there are some improvements that could make it even better.

It would be great to integrate group clips showing lines for each clip in the group.

Also the script sync marks would be great to have as markers, so that you could mark them in the markers window, as well as import/export those marks.

One thing that could be fixed is that when any space is added or removed from the script, the thumbnail images don't move.

So on a long script, if you edit something at the beginning, all of the thumbnails are not in their original locations, and it's time consuming to fix them.

Thats it for now! Keep up the great work.

Bruce

OS 10.10.5 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 5,1 GTX 980ti 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 MC v.8.8.1 - Nitris DX Pro Tools v12.2.1 - RME Fireface 400 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 1 2017 8:25 AM In reply to

Re: Script Sync is Great, continue to make it better!

+1 ! Really good posting.

FYI: I break the scripts down into scenes or sequences. Makes for easier scrolling, easier changes, etc.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | Decklink Studio |... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 20 2017 9:01 AM In reply to

It's good to have it back and one day it will be a great tool.

In a previous version you could select a multiple takes on th script and adjust their start and end handles together. It seems like now you have to do each one individually.

Also, is there a special way to work with group clips that I am not aware of? I can't find a way to audition the alternate cameras on a group clip without going to each take and toggling the selected camera. It seems like I should be able to select all the takes and cycle all cameras with one button.

MC 8.5.3 OSX 10.11.6 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 20 2017 9:21 AM In reply to

James@Seamless:
    In a previous version you could select a multiple takes on th script and adjust their start and end handles together. It seems like now you have to do each one individually.

This has been reported and escalated some time ago. Trying to track the bug number and status.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | Decklink Studio |... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 20 2017 2:38 PM In reply to

FYI:

7125 Scripting: moving the end point of a take up will delete marks if you move the take line back down - Engineers are working on... 7017 ScriptWindow: Marks not updating during Record and Add Mark - Fixed, pending implementation 6892 ScriptTool: regression: multiselected Start end End of takes is not movable. - Fixed, pending implementation
  • Sat, Apr 22 2017 2:18 PM In reply to

Thank Job.

I also have a repeatabe crash.

1. Horizontaly select some script markers across multiple takes

2. hit PLAY to go into audition mode.

3. Whilst it is playing double click on another script marker.

4. Crash

• Sat, Apr 22 2017 5:25 PM In reply to

I've added your issue to the list, james. Thanks!

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 11:07 AM In reply to

Thanks Job.

Can I make a feature request for the scriptsync plugin?

Have the option to only mark the first line in a block of dialogue (by paragraph). I find myself manually deleting alot of extra markers that I don't use.

Sometimes I find the Scriptsync identification to be a little late due to some actors voices and it clips the first sylable, so I wish there was an option to preset an offset before you scriptsync, so it marks the line slightly before where it thinks it is.

Also it would be great to have a preroll option when auditioning, like when recording keyframes with Auto.

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 3:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,123
    • Points 106,155
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

got it fols...

sent to product design.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 4:25 PM In reply to

James@Seamless:

Thank Job.

I also have a repeatabe crash.

1. Horizontaly select some script markers across multiple takes

2. hit PLAY to go into audition mode.

3. Whilst it is playing double click on another script marker.

4. Crash

James, support & engineering would love to have your crash logs. Can you send those to me via email? Thanks!

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 5:43 PM In reply to

Do you know how to get them on a Mac?

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 6:21 PM In reply to

I think you can use Applications->Utilities->Console

Please also add MC version number and OS version.

• Thu, Apr 27 2017 12:58 PM In reply to

The console does bring up hundreds of logs but I can't see exactly where the MC one is. I can see some for Application Manager and Bin Indexer but it's a jargon filled sea of folders/logs/reports. I'd need someone to give me a path to the pertinent logs.

I know on the PC there was a utility from Avid that would just grab the relevant logs but it doesn't work on Mac.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller