Latest post Tue, Mar 21 2017 9:43 AM by Francesco. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 20 2017 9:00 AM

• Francesco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 16 2012
    • Pisa - Italy
    • Posts 68
    • Points 665

Proxy file creation

HI

I don't know if this is the best place where giving this question, so I think that the moderator will forward or suggest me the best place.

After writing my mxf wrapper that works correctly in Media Composer, I'm attempting to write a proxy version of the same file. The question is  : How Media Composer starting from a clip,  detect the associated  proxy file ? They should have the same GUID ?

Regards

Francesco

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:32 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,306
    • Points 16,085

Re: Proxy file creation

You can use either version to edit, and relink to the opposite version, back and forth at any time, by highlighting the clips that you want to link your timeline to, slecting your timeline, and choosing Clip/Relink/Selected Items in ALL open bins.

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 9:43 AM In reply to

• Francesco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 16 2012
    • Pisa - Italy
    • Posts 68
    • Points 665

Re: Proxy file creation

Hi smrpix

thanks for the suggestion, but my question isn't related to workflow but to file creation.  That is I start from a custom file format jp2k encoded and export my clip in DNxHD 120 mxf wrapped (not using Media Composer, but inside my application). At this point I obtain a file that is linked by Media Composer.  If I want to create the proxy version of this file at the same time (once I've decompressed my essence I can recompress it in DNxHD for high quality version and in H264 for proxy version) I dindn't figure out how to tell Media Composer that a file is a proxy version.  That is let's say I start from a clip named "testClip.blt".  I decompress it and generate two files testClip.mxf.  One file is in DNxHD 120 (for high quality) and another is in H264 for proxy version. Well, how to tell media composer that one is high quality and another is proxy ?  Should I set the same GUID ?

Francesco

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller