Latest post Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:53 PM by Marc Cebrian. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 16 2017 5:41 PM

TeamViewer Breaks Avid Capture

Ever since the upgrade to Windows 10 (and a new version of TeamViewer - 11.0.7), whenever someone logs onto a system while the Avid is capturing, it breaks the recording 100% of the time. You can remote in and start a recording, but if you log out and log back in, you get a "video underrun" error. The capture stops.

This seems to be related to how Blackmagic'd Desktop Video and TeamViewer interact when it senses "a change in the monitor" -- even though I have turned off all video preferences inside TeamViewer.

Am I the only one who has run into this?

I've tested this is three different Avid systems here that all have the DNxIO with the latest software (10.8.3). We are still on Media Composer 8.6.5 due to all the outstanding bugs that we have reported that have not been fixed (even with 8.8.1).

All three systems are Windows 10 on a Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - Nvidia Quadro M5000.

Thank you,

M. Cebrian

Filed under:
  • Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:01 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 995
    • Points 10,745
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: TeamViewer Breaks Avid Capture

Marc Cebrian:
    Ever since the upgrade to Windows 10 (and a new version of TeamViewer - 11.0.7), whenever someone logs onto a system while the Avid is capturing, it breaks the recording 100% of the time. You can remote in and start a recording, but if you log out and log back in, you get a "video underrun" error. The capture stops.

What is version of Windows 10?

Regards,

RalphC

• Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:13 PM In reply to

Windows 10 Enterprise. It updates all the time. Need more info than that?

• Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:50 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 995
    • Points 10,745
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Can you shoot me an email raff.condalor@avid.com. I will open a support case for this issue.

Thanks,

RalphC

• Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:53 PM In reply to

Hi Ralph. I actually wasn't ready to open a case just yet...I was asking other folks in the Forum if they have also run into that, or if it is just us here with our configuration. I did not see any posts regarding it.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller