Latest post Sun, Jul 16 2017 2:42 PM by Job ter Burg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:15 PM

• Bruno M
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 359
    • Points 4,430

$399 upgrade offer is expiring

Just when I thought Avid had sensibly listened to its customers, it seems the $399 upgrade for those with lapsed annual upgrades/support plans is going to expire at the end of this month.

http://www.avid.com/special-offers/upgrade-media-composer

HP Z800,HP8600,HP8760WSonnetFusion RAID, Mediadock U320, Classic Nitris Mojo DXSymphony 5,6 & 8.5 JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,578
    • Points 111,870
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: $399 upgrade offer is expiring

Its a promotional offer for those that didnt upgrade and stayed on MC 7 with their SS and PF.  In order to allow them to upgrade to 8.8 and SS and PF, we offered this for Q1.

Its not a surprise....

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sun, Jul 16 2017 2:21 PM In reply to

When I called AVID they said I could not upgrade to newer MC8 as I had a MC7 that was perpetual licensed and I never bought any yearly tech support features.

Patrick

MC7

BlackBird-O2 Case

EVGA X58 SLI mobo

24gb RAM 1600

Intel 980X

Samsung EVO SSD W7 software RAID-0

EVGA GTX-970 solo card

• Sun, Jul 16 2017 2:42 PM In reply to

True, but they had a special offer in Q1 and Q2 to bring your mc7 back under support for 399.

That promo has ended but is still available through Videguys.com until 7.28 (limited amount available). For that you get MC 8.8 plus a year of support, updates and upgrades. It also gets you the 749USD Symphony option for free. After those 12 months, you can either keep your license up to date for 299 a year, (so that's 299 for 12 more months of support, updates and upgrades), or you can let it expire and it would leave you with a perpetual license at the version of that moment (say, 9.2 for example) forever. 

399 is a great deal, and while Avid doesn't offer it anymore, if you hurry, Videoguys does for now. They have a good reputation and a good relationship with Avid. 

It's even only 385 at Videguys and they currently have a 5% coupon discount on top of that. http://www.videoguys.com/blog/upgrade-reinstate-avid-media-composer-get-symphony-option-free/.

Note that this offer requires you activate the reinstatement before 7.31.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller