Latest post Tue, Mar 28 2017 8:21 PM by Marianna. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 15 2017 5:43 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,266
    • Points 108,000
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

MC v8.8.1 is now available

MC v8.8.1 is now available

We are pleased to announce that Media Composer v8.8.1 is being released today March 15th, 2017 @ 12:00 noon ET.  

Location:  The Media Composer v8.8.1 software will consist of a Mac Full Installer, Win Full Installer, and a Win Patch.  These files will be located on the Download Center ( login and password required) and will be made available from customers My Avid Master Accounts and Application Manager.

Changed in v8.8.1: The following changes to the Script Window have been added to Media Composer v8.8.1. For details on each  addition, please reference the attached ReadMe.

Fixed in Media Composer v8.8.1: The following have been fixed.

• Refreshing a sequences,  aspect ratio and reformatting options caused odd changes to the sequence such as moving clips within the sequence.
    • In some instances, removing color adapters from a sequence might have changed edit points.
    • You might have heard popping sounds on audio dissolves.
    • You might have received an “assertion failed” error when cutting and pasting onto an Audio dissolve.
    • In some instances, when performing an AMA file export to a DNx resolution, you would receive a “Selected compression format is unsupported” error.
    • In some instances, linking to DPX files resulted in “AMAProducerTask:Execute:AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample” errors.
    • (Mac) On some systems, 9-way Multicam stuttered during playback.
    • You might have received PGlue errors after disabling tracks.
    • Video and audio file names were identical if you performed a background transcode with video and audio on different drives.
    • Exporting XDCAM 50 HD media to a QuickTime movie might have stopped without an error message.
    • Closed Captioning clips would go offline when Dynamic Relink was applied.
    • After dragging to reorder columns, the bin view refreshed to the first bin column rather than the column you just reordered.
    • Copy and pasting multiple volume automation keyframes resulted in a crash.
    • Dragging handles in Pan & Scan effect resulted in a crash.

ReadMe:  we are uploading the ReadMe  to the Knowledge Base “Media Composer v8.x Documentation” page .  

How Customers will obtain the Media Composer v8.8.1:   

Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the v8.8.1 upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.

New customers who purchase Media Composer on or after today, March 15, 2017 will receive this v8.8.1 update in their Avid Master Account.

Customers on current Upgrade & Support plans can download the Media Composer v8.8.1 update either from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.) 

Customers not on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase an upgrade via the special offer available for Media Composer v3.0 and higher licenses.  Offer expires 3/31/17.  After 3/31/17 they would need to buy a new license.

Important - Still should turn off CGPU rendering as that is still an open bug. Hope to fix in te next update.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 15 2017 7:40 PM In reply to

Re: MC v8.8.1 is now available

Thank you Marianna for this update.  I wanted to bring to your attention a bug that has been logged back since November 2016, without any resolution as of March 15, 2017.

MCCET-1614

When using Blackmagic Design Decklink 4K Extreme 6G-SDI card with Windows 10, and Avid Media Composer 8.xx, I am unable to create a new project in UHD 60P mode.

I get an error message:

Blackmagic Design has also confirmed the bug on their end and confirmed by Veronica Salas, a Tech Support Rep from BMD that wrote:

"Our engineer has logged this as Bug #28490. He confirmed that this is only happening with the DeckLink 4K Extreme and not the 12G model. It's logged on our end, the engineers will look into it whenever they can and work with AVID to resolve this."

I opened my case in November 2016. All I keep hearing from Avid and BMD is that "We're working on it." It's been many months now.

I'm an Avid paying customer and this is unacceptable to me. Both Avid and BMD advertise on their websites that they support Blackmagic's hardware. I cannot afford now to spend money on a new card.

Can you please escalate this?

Thank you Marianna,

Sincerely,

AB 

• Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,266
    • Points 108,000
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

AB...  

Funny you shoud ask on this one..... 

This has been internally fixed and tested on PC with decklink 4k extreme

Projects UHD 30, 50, 59.94 and 60p

All projects open and play with down convert format (1080p) to HW (50, 5994, 60p).

UHD 30p plays as UHD 30p

No errors when opening or switching projects.

A little more QA needed but it should be solved soon... hoping the next patch.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:30 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • Posts 104
    • Points 1,305

I see no mention of the color effect rendering bug getting fixed. Fix coming soon?

Charels

HP Z400, z220, and z420 workstations with 8GB of RAM and nVidia Quadro 2000 graphics cards. Windows 7 64-bit SP1. ISIS 5000 4.2. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:57 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,266
    • Points 108,000
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Important - Still should turn off GPU rendering as that is still an open bug. Hope to fix in te next update.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Mar 16 2017 4:22 PM In reply to

• rodpaul
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 78
    • Points 1,055

Any hope of undoing the code that makes it impossible to edit wih mixed resoultion monitors? Can't understand the thinking behind this. 

HP 8600 4G ram Vista 64 16TB fiber DX Nitris Symphony 3.0.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 19 2017 10:10 PM In reply to

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • KTOWN LOS ANGELES
    • Posts 218
    • Points 3,030

Ive reported this before but I find this to be a little ridiculous.

I have 3 displays, the far right one is used for full screen playback.

If I add a locator or save, the popup will happen in the right full screen playback display, and get me out of fullscreen playback.

It would be nice, if things like this, didnt get disrupt full screen playback.

custom 4790k, asus z97 gryphon mobo, 32gb ram, win10 home, MediaComposer 8.8.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 25 2017 6:58 PM In reply to

• bobpiech
    • Not Ranked
    • Poland
    • Posts 105
    • Points 1,210

Mmmm. Interesting Marianna. Dennis wrote an email to me where he said, Avid fix this issue in 8.7.1. By the  way many new disturbing things apeared in 8.8.1. eg something like this at the start:

And what about Marianna :) ?

MC8.8, Win764, QTime 7.7.9, NVIDIA Driver 375.86, Asrock P67 Extreme 6, Intel 2600K, 16GB RAM, Deckink HD Extreme 3D+, NVidia Quadro K4000, M-Audio Mbox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 28 2017 8:21 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,266
    • Points 108,000
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Bobpiech

the images did not come thru.

Can you email me directly?

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller