Latest post Wed, Aug 23 2017 7:46 AM by Walter Riggi. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 15 2017 5:42 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,661
    • Points 112,955
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

MC v8.8.1 is now available

MC v8.8.1 is now available

We are pleased to announce that Media Composer v8.8.1 is being released today March 15th, 2017 @ 12:00 noon ET.  

Location:  The Media Composer v8.8.1 software will consist of a Mac Full Installer, Win Full Installer, and a Win Patch.  These files will be located on the Download Center ( login and password required) and will be made available from customers My Avid Master Accounts and Application Manager.

Changed in v8.8.1: The following changes to the Script Window have been added to Media Composer v8.8.1. For details on each  addition, please reference the attached ReadMe.

Fixed in Media Composer v8.8.1: The following have been fixed.

• Refreshing a sequences,  aspect ratio and reformatting options caused odd changes to the sequence such as moving clips within the sequence.
    • In some instances, removing color adapters from a sequence might have changed edit points.
    • You might have heard popping sounds on audio dissolves.
    • You might have received an “assertion failed” error when cutting and pasting onto an Audio dissolve.
    • In some instances, when performing an AMA file export to a DNx resolution, you would receive a “Selected compression format is unsupported” error.
    • In some instances, linking to DPX files resulted in “AMAProducerTask:Execute:AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample” errors.
    • (Mac) On some systems, 9-way Multicam stuttered during playback.
    • You might have received PGlue errors after disabling tracks.
    • Video and audio file names were identical if you performed a background transcode with video and audio on different drives.
    • Exporting XDCAM 50 HD media to a QuickTime movie might have stopped without an error message.
    • Closed Captioning clips would go offline when Dynamic Relink was applied.
    • After dragging to reorder columns, the bin view refreshed to the first bin column rather than the column you just reordered.
    • Copy and pasting multiple volume automation keyframes resulted in a crash.
    • Dragging handles in Pan & Scan effect resulted in a crash.

ReadMe:  we are uploading the ReadMe  to the Knowledge Base “Media Composer v8.x Documentation” page .  

How Customers will obtain the Media Composer v8.8.1:   

Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the v8.8.1 upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.

New customers who purchase Media Composer on or after today, March 15, 2017 will receive this v8.8.1 update in their Avid Master Account.

Customers on current Upgrade & Support plans can download the Media Composer v8.8.1 update either from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.)

Customers not on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase an upgrade via the special offer available for Media Composer v3.0 and higher licenses.  Offer expires 3/31/17.  After 3/31/17 they would need to buy a new license.

Important - Still should turn off CGPU rendering as that is still an open bug. Hope to fix in te next update.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Mar 17 2017 2:16 PM In reply to

• messyjesse
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 17 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Re: MC v8.8.1 is now available

Where do I go to find an updated compatibility chart? It would be super convenient if the application manager included what the most recent version of Mac OS we can download...since this is a constant concern. Or if this information was somewhere in the readme file that's linked to.

• Fri, Mar 17 2017 2:19 PM In reply to

Hi messyjesse,

The MC 8.8.1 release has the same requirements as MC 8.8, if that helps at all. 

Is your suggestion that App Manager list the compatible OS's for the versions listed for download? Or do I not understand the quetsion. 

Please let me know if that helped. 

Thanks

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 18 2017 2:57 AM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 6 2011
    • Costa Mesa, Orange County, California
    • Posts 76
    • Points 945

I got the notice from my application manager but there is nothing in my apps tab to download, except for v8.8.0.

UPDATE:  This is in my download center.  Since I already have v8.8.0 on my iMac, this is what I download, correct?

Media Composer 8.8.1 (MAC)
    Download File Size: 2152196078
    MD5 Checksum: 7de055aa231a1b3e854f8c18816f6e38

iMac 21.5-inch, late 2015 (purchased new in Jan. 2017), macOS High Sierra 10.13.0, Avid MC v8.9.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 18 2017 5:41 AM In reply to

Andrew:
    Media Composer 8.8.1 (MAC)
    Download File Size: 2152196078
    Those are the correct details for the current MC 8.8.1 download. Assuming your Subscription is current or your Perpetual licence Support contract is valid for this update this is the one for you.

• Sat, Mar 18 2017 5:58 AM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 945

Thanks.

iMac 21.5-inch, late 2015 (purchased new in Jan. 2017), macOS High Sierra 10.13.0, Avid MC v8.9.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 18 2017 7:29 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,265
    • Points 13,725
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Andrew,

I checked your Avid master account, I don't see MC registered. Can you email me (raff.condalor@avid.com), I will check the license status.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 18 2017 11:46 PM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 945

RalphC:

Hello Andrew,

I checked your Avid master account, I don't see MC registered. Can you email me (raff.condalor@avid.com), I will check the license status.

Thanks,

RalphC

Just sent you an E-mail.  How do I register it?

• Wed, Mar 22 2017 5:52 PM In reply to

• Walter Riggi
    • Not Ranked
    • windsor, ontario canada
    • Posts 148
    • Points 1,855

Hi Marianna,

I'm waiting for the co-install (Pro tools/Media Composer) blessing from page http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/compatibility/Coinstall-for-Avid-Media-Composer-6-5-3-and-Pro-Tools-11

Any idea when this will happen? For me I edit film and need my Pro tools HDx working in harmony so we can score feature films.

Since we are obeying the co-install rules from the page mentioned above, we have missed out on the ScriptSync and PhraseFind upgrade path and could REALLY use these two items in our workflow.

Can you light a fire under your team as the page hasn't been updated since FEB 7, 2017?

Thank you

Mac OS X 10.11.6 | 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon | 24 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA K5000 4GB | AVID C|24 Console | AVID Media Composer 8.8.5... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 22 2017 6:29 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,661
    • Points 112,955
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Walter...

Seeing aobut getting this updated today...

Stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Mar 30 2017 9:15 PM In reply to

• Patrick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 24 2012
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

The compatability chart says it supports "Mac Pro “Westmere” Two 2.66GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (12 cores)." I have the Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Mac. I'm wondering if 8.8.1 will work on my system or if I'll run into problems. It's so close to the approved specs! Anyone have experience running 8.8.1 on the same system or an opinion on if I should try it?  

Mac Pro, Mid 2012 , 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB RAM, OS X 10.8.5, Avid MC v6.5.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 30 2017 9:20 PM In reply to

mediabutcher:
    I have the Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Mac. I'm wondering if 8.8.1 will work on my system or if I'll run into problems.

You're probably fine...but you can always download the trial and test.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Sat, Apr 8 2017 1:46 AM In reply to

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,567
    • Points 19,475

Hi there,

I'm wanting to update from 8.5 to 8.8.1 and would like to make sure that I do things correctly.

Right now I'm running Yosemite on my Mac Pro.  I understand that 8.8.1 works with Sierra.  So:

1. I will deactivate and uninstall Avid Media Composer 8.5 on my Mac Pro

2. I will update my Mac OS to Sierra.  Not sure you still need (or even can) fix permissions via Disk Utility in Sierra, but will at least have the re-start after updating my OS.

3. I will download MC 8.8.1, and install and activate it.

4. will I have to rebuild all my keyboard preferences? (I hate having to do that).

Are these the right things to do, in the right order?

Thanks for any advice, Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 8 2017 1:57 AM In reply to

If it is of interest 8.8.1 runs very happily on 10.10.5 (yosemite) here.

mhamilton:
    Are these the right things to do, in the right order?
    Looks good to me.

mhamilton:
    4. will I have to rebuild all my keyboard preferences? (I hate having to do that).
    Not if you don't want to.   Some swear by rebuilding setting with each upgrade. I dont. I know if I have not rebuilt mine so if a problem arises I can rebuild at that time (has not happened yet)

• Sat, Apr 8 2017 12:35 PM In reply to

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,567
    • Points 19,475

Thanks very much Andrew.

I will go ahead and do this now.  

Regards, Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller