Latest post Wed, Mar 15 2017 5:19 PM by Job ter Burg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 15 2017 5:37 AM

• Dynamic7
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 10 2009
    • Posts 205
    • Points 2,950

Sequence clips

I have approx: 50 clips in the MC bin , is there a way to combine all 50 clips into one (1) continuos sequence clip ? I know that in some of the other NLE's this can be done so I'd like to know if it can be achieved in MC also.

• Wed, Mar 15 2017 6:08 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Re: Sequence clips

Dynamic7:

I have approx: 50 clips in the MC bin , is there a way to combine all 50 clips into one (1) continuos sequence clip ? I know that in some of the other NLE's this can be done so I'd like to know if it can be achieved in MC also.

Depends - you can arrange the clips in pic view in the order you want then lasso them all and drop them on to the timeline. You can even sub-edit them with ins and outs before doing that. Its Avid 101 and in their very first tutorial. Youc an also use the Autosequence function to highlight a bunch of clips and create a sequence.

You can't combine them into a single clip but you can use that sequence as a source for another sequence. 

It only falls over when trying to seamlessly create a new clip that you could then use in say a multicam. You can do this in Premiere but not Avid. You would have to export the sequence and re-import the master clip or do a video mixdown.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Wed, Mar 15 2017 4:38 PM In reply to

In your bin, order the clips as you want them, clear all ins and outs, and make sure you're at the beginning of each clip.

Clear your edit window, select all your cllips, then Alt-Drag them into your edit viewer. The sequence will appear in your bin.

Bob's your Uncle.

• Wed, Mar 15 2017 5:19 PM In reply to

Or select all clips you want, hold ALT and choose Bin->AutoSequence. This will automatically clear ins and outs.

However, the result is a sequence, and you cannot matchframe back to it.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller