Latest post Fri, Mar 10 2017 9:46 PM by PTitus. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 10 2017 9:46 PM

• PTitus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 8 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Now Actively Pursuing Relocating Internationally

My wife and I have been working freelance in post-production for more than a dozen years and for nearly that long we've lived in Philadelphia. For several years now, I've been working on taking on more editing for film/tv and my wife has been focusing more on color grading. For many reasons (some being having children), we had ruled out relocating closer to the hub cities for our industry.

But our girls are older and we've decided to pursue the work where the work is and open up to relocating - perhaps even internationally. We have a small number of clients we've worked with in Canada (and my wife is eligible for dual US-Canadian citizenship), a couple friends who have suggested Germany. With this potential change of scene we're also considering freelance and full-time positions.

Toronto? Vancouver? Berlin?

Do you work in any of these cities? Is there somewhere else we should consider? How is the film industry there? Are there any resources you suggest we take a look at? Anyone looking for an intrepid husband and wife post-production team? Anyone have personal experience they could share about relocating for work? 

-Cheers!

David

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller