Latest post Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:33 PM by Tom Pearson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 28 2017 6:43 PM

• clearsky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 11 2007
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

Crying [:'(] in mc using paint effect & tracking to clone(blur), not using keyframes correctly, please help

Please help, i've watched a couple of tutorials, but I think I'm looking at the wrong ones... Yikes!!!!

Using paint (clone) to blur license plate on a vehicle as the actor runs by it. The clone of the fender looks good, but I'm doing something wrong with the tracking part of it.

I have mc 8.7.2 - the clip has two vehicles in it. Actor running by both. Trying to blur the license plate with a clone of the fender. I select clone, then square shape. Make the shape, put it over the license plate, then add trackers (two). I used the fluid tracker option.

(I tried the correlation tracker first, but the clone shape moved a lot.)

I put the two trackers just above the licence plate location, one to the left, and the other to the right.

I started tracking with the fluid tracker option.

The clone shape didn't stay in place. I tried using keyframes. For some reason I can't get how to use keyframes when animating or things are moving.

Is there something I'm missing? Please help.

Thank you.

• Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:33 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles Ca
    • Posts 2,028
    • Points 21,930

Re: in mc using paint effect & tracking to clone(blur), not using keyframes correctly, please help

Sounds Good so far but are you making sure the keyframes are the tracking ones not the blur's properties?

macbook pro i7 2.5 16 gig ram 750gig hd 2tb fw800 20 tb e-sata raid Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller