Latest post Tue, Feb 28 2017 8:52 PM by AndrewAction. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 27 2017 11:44 PM

• SR555
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Posts 74
    • Points 810

Forgot some basics

I am doing a basic photo montage (output to DVD for HDTV) on deadline. Should be so easy. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  Spent last night scanning, and got in this morning and have not been able to put anything together in premiere due to crashes. 

How to set ins and outs for multiple clip or edit them in and move the in point to allow handles

I would be more familiar with Premiere and figured I could knock it out but spent the day with it crashing - so now i"m in avid. Don't think premiere likes large photos.  It's crashed at least five times.

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:39 AM In reply to

Re: Anxiety attack, Brain is in complete & total lockdown on basics, deadline, can anyone help? thank you

SR555:
    1) set ins and outs for multiple clip or edit them in and move the in point to allow handles
    try my post in this thread

SR555:
    Don't think premiere likes large photos
    If photo are not formated for project size the with MC you would need to use the Pan and zoom effect.  This is not always straight forward. 

SR555:
    2) proper output for dvd
    Do you have DVD authoring software? Do you have encoding software like Sorenson, Adobe Media Encoder?

• Tue, Feb 28 2017 2:09 AM In reply to

• SR555
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 74
    • Points 810

Re: Anxiety attack, Brain is in complete & total lockdown on basics, deadline, can anyone help? thank you

I was able to review some of my earlier editing notes and am breathing a little easier - but not much.

Regarding the ins/outs/durations issue for multiple clips, I'm not doing this right - am not sure I"m in the right view?

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 28 2017 2:22 AM In reply to

The outlined view icon 

• Tue, Feb 28 2017 2:27 AM In reply to

• SR555
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 74
    • Points 810

Ok that's where i was.

Is this the only way to edit multiple photos in to the beat markers?

• Tue, Feb 28 2017 3:16 AM In reply to

SR555:
    does it matter that I'm typing 1 and 2 on a macbook
    You should be typing the numbers above the  Q W E R T Y keys on a standard Mac keyboard with default Avid Keyboard mapping. I do not have a mac book here to check.

In your bin view go to the Hamburger menu an select Choose columns  add the Start, End, duration and In Out columns. Now after pressing the T key your Duration and In Out should be the same.  After pressing the two key a couple of times and the I key your In Out should show as shorter than the Duration if it is working. Then shorter again after you go to the Out point and press the 1 key a couple of times.

• Tue, Feb 28 2017 3:59 AM In reply to

• SR555
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 74
    • Points 810

Yes, I got it working, thank you.  I've posted back twice and for some reason my post will not 'take.'  Everything tech is so frustrating to  me at this minute, I could bang this out in Premiere but it keeps crashing, the program I have isn't stable. 

Going to go pan/zoom some images , stay tuned

I am so mad at premiere right now

• Tue, Feb 28 2017 5:35 AM In reply to

• SR555
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 74
    • Points 810

Thanks ANdrew, I'm going to export the stills as video and see if Premiere will handle that better.  I just can't fight with Avid any more tonght.  I might come back and try the pan and zoom but the learning curve is going to slow it down.

I found my notes but they don't cover some of the things I would be doing here - when this is over I'll come back and go through Avid again. I was doing really well with it - then went off to learn some web design things - and a few months later all that momentum is gone.

Avid sure makes things that are easy in other editors, complicated.

I may be back trying to learn the pan n zoom if PRemiere continues to crash.  It's going to be a long night.

• Tue, Feb 28 2017 8:52 PM In reply to

For a basic Pan and Zoom see my post on  Aug 17th 2014 in this thread.

SR555:
    delete this thread so that my anxiety attack does not remain permanently on display.
    when you are logged in edit the thread heading to something more appropriate.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller