Latest post Fri, Feb 17 2017 8:46 PM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:29 PM

• messyjesse
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 17 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Media Creation Setting

There used to be a setting in the "Settings" tab titled "Media Creation". Avid editors used to be able to go to this setting and pre-select the drive they wanted Titles, Renders, and Efx to go to.

Sadly, the Media Creation setting is no longer there.

But! I have good news! The exact same task can be accomplished by clicking on a blank setting at the top of the "Settings" tab. Why did avid chose to remove the name from this setting and have all these options live under a mysterious un-named blank setting tab? Was it an act of intentional disobediance to make life harder for Avid Editors? Or was it simply a mistake? Perhaps we will never know.

• Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: Media Creation Setting

Huh..?  What version?  It's there for me up to MC 8.7.  Also viewable by hitting Cmd+5.  I can't ever remember any time when it went away.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.11.6, Avid Media Composer 8.7.2, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 17 2017 5:06 PM In reply to

• messyjesse
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 17 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Sorry - just realized I'm in the "Mac" section of the forums. I use Mac at home, but switch to a PC when I come into the office. Maybe it's just a PC glitch. I'm on 8.7.2.44855 on a PC today and just spent an hour trying to figure out where these settings went. 

• Fri, Feb 17 2017 8:46 PM In reply to

messyjesse:
    Maybe it's just a PC glitch. I'm on 8.7.2.44855 on a PC today
    I see Media Creation (as usual) in my Settings with both 8.7.2 and 8.8 on W7 SP1 machines here.

Edit add. From the Project windows Hamburger menu have you go "All settings" selected

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller