Latest post Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:13 PM by Marianna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 16 2017 9:11 PM

I don't believe what I am reading...

Today the 16th of february 2017, Avid releases media composer version 8.8 and SUPRISE!!!! On the following link

http://www.avid.com/special-offers/upgrade-media-composer?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTUdGbE1XTXhPV1kxT0dFMCIsInQiOiJ3aEFxOExoVkNZZ2podXVVbzUxN05ZenlWakxwcTFkYms1eWlNUStkN3FFS3k2T1lKM2RWR2pCdGk3Z0tldVZEYlQzWk5XNTEwMlpqS3BUZGEyc2V2clhtajRyR25EajFBQ2VHNnhZRWNlUkUrWDdleVFnWmFyTXNieXpDVW9scyJ9

it writes:

Got an older version of Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter—even as far back as version 3? Or maybe you’ve got a more recent version of Media Composer, but let your Annual Upgrade and Support Plan expire? Then we’ve got some fantastic news for you! First, if you haven’t heard already, we’re bringing ScriptSync and PhraseFind back! And we’ve updated both of these new Media Composer options to be even better than ever. But you’ll need the latest version of Media Composer to use them. Lucky for you, we’re also making Media Composer upgrades available once again, so those of you who let your Annual Upgrade and Support Plan expire, or never had one, can welcome these powerful tools back into your workflow again—or for the first time.

I'm happy... but also really wondering why we had to go through this annual expiring support/perpetual/subscription license *^%$ for the past years.

Really really really wondering what happened to common sense and if it is (comming) back. Hoping for the best.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 9:53 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,391
    • Points 109,690
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: I don't believe what I am reading...

Yep... many fought hard to get this back.  Not only for those that want SS and PF but those that let their plans lapse.

xo

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 10:21 PM In reply to

Marianna:
    xo

Really hope this will be a case of 'learning from the past, how it worked out, internally acknowledging errors and moving forward'. And from this point onward I also hope to see consistency in this path.

I'm pretty sure that with this offer we will be able to get many to upgrade to 8.8 in the next few months.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Feb 17 2017 3:07 PM In reply to

• Telegram!
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 28 2006
    • Posts 975
    • Points 11,350

Hi, I had a dongle-based Perpetual MC license that I let lapse after completing the 1st year of the Annual Support plan.

With this new $399.00 offer, do I get to proceed using that dongle with Perpetual support?  If so, can I purchase the offer through an Avid reseller, e.g. Videoguys?

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,391
    • Points 109,690
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Telgram

Sure can!  I am off today but if you need help ping me and I will assist Monday

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:06 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 338
    • Points 4,205

Marianna:

Yep... many fought hard to get this back.  Not only for those that want SS and PF but those that let their plans lapse.

xo

Marianna

Hey, Marianna!

What's this I read in the latest email about MC 8.8.1?

'Customers not on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase an upgrade via the special offer available for Media Composer v3.0 and higher licenses.  Offer expires 3/31/17.  After 3/31/17 they would need to buy a new license.'

Am I reading this correctly?

HP Z800,HP8600,HP8760WSonnetFusion RAID, Mediadock U320, Classic Nitris Mojo DXSymphony 5,6 & 8.5 JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:13 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,391
    • Points 109,690
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Bruno

If you dont have a support / upgrade plan curreently on your license then you cant upgrade.  you would have to buy a new license.  We have a special offer going now where anyone with an MC 3.0 and higher that let their plan lapse or never bought one to begin with can upgrade for $399.  Because SS and PF require 8.8.x we did this special offer.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller