(A copy/paste from the Avid PC forum - original post by Adman!)
We are pleased to announce that Media Composer v8.8 is ready for download. The Media Composer v8.8 software is located on the Download Center (login and password required). Please consult the attached readme file before downloading. Additional guides are available on the Knowledge Base.
Changed in v8.8: The following items have been added to Media Composer v8.8. For details on each new item, see the “Whats New Guide for Media Composer v8.8”.
- Timeline Clip Notes - You can add notes to clips in the Timeline and view all the notes in the Timeline Clip Notes Window. (Used to be Adding Comments.)
- Frame Cache for Effects – Editing Enabling Frame Cache when performing Color Correction
- ScriptSync - ScriptSync uses phonetic-indexing technology to analyze the audio portion of a clip and match it to lines of the script text.
- Bin Sharing on Non Avid Storage - The editing application will notify you if your third party storage is emulating Avid NEXIS or Avid ISIS storage.
- Change to Find Window - A few changes have been made to the Find Window.
- Change to the Script Window - A few changes have been made to the Script Window.
Fixed in v8.8: The following issues have been resolved in Media Composer v8.8:
- You could not open a project if the project was named Clip.
- In some instances you could not successfully drag and drop audio clips above or below the TC track.
- Custom Colors did not stay in the Color Palette when using Clip Color.
- Disabling the “Auto-create new tracks” setting was ignored when using Edit While Capture clips.
- The Cutlist EndHdl timecode was short one frame.
- (List Tool) The marker values were empty in an Optical List.
- (List Tool) Markers did not display on Opticals in an Assemble List.
- When performing an Export to Device with an XDCAM device attached, you might have received a “Please connect XDCAM device or insert disk” message.
- In some instances, exporting a graphic from linked XAVC Long GOP media failed with an assertion error.
- In some instances, rendering a sequence with muted clips resulted in clips being partially rendered.
- The Project Window summary might have been empty on a Mac system, or contained garbled text on a Windows system.
- When importing some .wav files, the name of the files include a “/” which is an illegal character that is not supported in Interplay. This is because Media Composer uses the values of “Scene/Take” for the file name when importing Broadcast Wave files. An additional Import Setting has been added to the Import Settings dialog. The “Use Broadcast Wave Scene and Take for Clip Names” is defaulted on. If you are importing Broadcast Wave files and you do not want them named using Scene/Take, you must deselect this option in the Import Settings:Audio dialog box.
Limitations: There are 5 limitations and workarounds outlined in the ReadMe for Media Composer v8.8.
New Nvidia Driver: Nvidia Driver v375.86 is supported with this release.
How to obtain Media Composer v8.8:
If you have already installed the latest version of Media Composer, you will be notified of the availability of the v8.8 upgrade via the Application Manager v17.2. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.
If you are a new customer who purchase Media Composer on or after February 16th, 2017 you will receive this v8.8 update in your Avid Master Account.
If you are on a current Upgrade & Support plan you can download the Media Composer v8.8 update either from your Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.)
If you are not on a current Upgrade & Support contract, you must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription or Perpetual license to receive this update.
Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.
Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)
Twitter: Follow @heybove
Blog for Craft Editors
© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.
Site Map |
Find a Reseller