Latest post Thu, Sep 7 2017 1:18 PM by Marianna. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 5 2017 9:10 PM

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 392
    • Points 4,440

Wacom Tablet issues with Avid 8.7 on Mac?

I'm being told there are known issues with wacom tablets with Avid 8.7.  A friend having problems was told Avid knows of the problems and is working on it.  I don't have specifics but upon upgrading to Avid 8.7.x and the appropriate Mac OS on an isis system problems began with Intuos 3 and Intuos 4 and 4Pro tablets.  Cheese grader Mac Pros seem to be effected more that one system on a trach can mac.  I even called wacom and had them send me the exact wacom driver for the mac os and the intuos 3 tablet.  That helped initially but I'm told the performance issues with whacky behavior have increased over time.  I don't know how that happens over time but that's what I'm told.

Can anyone shed some light on mac/wacom Avid issues with 8.7.x and the appropriate Mac OSs?  I googled but nothing recent came up.  Any insight would be appreciated.  TIA

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

• Sun, Feb 5 2017 11:53 PM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 436
    • Points 5,835

Re: Wacom Tablet issues with Avid 8.7 on Mac?

This thread is a good place to start:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/179550.aspx

Mac Pro Westmere 12-Core 3.46GHz, Media Composer 8.7.2, Mac OS 10.11.5, 64GB RAM, Mojo DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 6 2017 8:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

John...

QA is still working on it...  they have a list of models from those affected and are working to figure iut what the problems are... there are 2 of them.

should know more soon...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, May 4 2017 4:15 PM In reply to

Hi,

I'm having problems with my Intuos Pro, working with MacPro 10.11.16, Avid 8.6.4

The tablet was just installed on Monday, worked fine M-T-W, but this morning (THUR) has already

just stopped dead three times.  Seems to happen on auto-save, or if I do a save.  The pen shows

it is disconnected and I need to reboot the whole system completely, logging out doesn't do the trick.

This is unusual and frustrating, and a big time-suck of my creative workflow.  

I did work on another MacPro system with an older pen/tablet and had no problems, but this system

is at another workplace, and they have installed this "fancier" tablet for me.  

• Thu, May 4 2017 7:38 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,270
    • Points 13,750
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

venicebeach:
    I'm having problems with my Intuos Pro, working with MacPro 10.11.16, Avid 8.6.4

Wacom issue is fixed in MC 8.8.2v

What driver version you've installed? 
    MacOSX - Driver 6.3.21-8 supports (Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, & 10.12)

Regards,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 5 2017 10:59 AM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 436
    • Points 5,835

I've been troubleshooting Wacom issues for quite a while now, and I'm afraid this sounds more like a faulty tablet than an Avid problem.

That said, Ralph is right -- you should first try upgrading to 8.8.2 and see if there's any improvement.

Mac Pro Westmere 12-Core 3.46GHz, Media Composer 8.7.2, Mac OS 10.11.5, 64GB RAM, Mojo DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 7 2017 5:33 AM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 392
    • Points 4,440

I've heard the wacom issues have been resolved as of Avid 8.8.2.  My current understanding is MC 8.6.5 to 8.8.1 there are still wacom issues.  Is this the case.  On the initial system that I had reported the problem about we got a wacom intuous 5Pro and that seemed to work better at the time over the intuous 3 but I was told there were still some occasional quirks but they were liveable. 

So bottom line is if I stay on Avid 8.6.4 or 8.8.2 and above will I avoid wacom issues even with Intuous 3 tablets and above?

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

• Thu, Sep 7 2017 1:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey John

You should be good with MC 8.8.2 and higher and the latest driver from Wacom for the device you have.  

Ping me if you need me on email.....

Love and smooches to Rubin

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller