Latest post Fri, Jan 27 2017 4:10 PM by growl88. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 27 2017 2:30 PM

• growl88
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 15 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Media Central lag while playing growing clips

Hi,

Iv'e an issue with my mediacentral 2.7.2 linked to my interplay 3.6. Theissue involve only the clip that i'm putting into the system and that are still growing. This clip is impossible to play, buffer continuosly and many time cause a permanent lag in the user session (wich can be resolved with a log-out). The strange thing is that theese clip work well wile they were closed.

Doesn't matter how theese clip it is ingested, from a mediacomposer machine or from other system like metus or evs.

Anybody have ideas or solution fo me? :)

Thanks to all you, savers!!

• Fri, Jan 27 2017 3:26 PM In reply to

• sharnois
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 7 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Media Central lag while playing growing clips

Hello,

Check if the servers are properly timed sync with ntp. Quick way is "grep ntp /var/log/messages".

the ntp server source be listed in /etc/ntp.conf, check if it is valid using:

# ntpdate -q  10.105.217.227 (replace with your ntp server ip)

You should also try ics 2.9 on an alternate server or a VM and check the improvements since 2.7.2? We've spent a lot of efforts on improving this particular worflow since August 2016.  If you still see the same issue let us know, otherwise check what else in involved in updating to a more recent version of ICS for your facility (MI > 3.2 ISIS > 4.7 etc).

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jan 27 2017 4:10 PM In reply to

• growl88
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 15 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Re: Media Central lag while playing growing clips

Hi Sharnois,

For ntp syncing i-ve two problem. The first is that I use the system in a flight case and i not had an internet access all the time. the second one is that i-ve tried configuring internet in mi RHEL server, but magically the dhcp does not produce any effects on the network card. So i've "synced" manually interplay-isis-mc. This operation does not produce any effect. For now it seems that downgrading make mc working again.

I can try the mc 2.9 in a virtual machine for shure!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller