Latest post Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:57 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 19 2017 3:39 PM

• daktulus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 904
    • Points 12,970

Can I install all older MC versions without support plan?

When the support runs out, can I still download and install all MC versions that came out until the date when support ran out?

I wouldn´t want to install newer versions that came out after the support ended, but are there any restrictions on downloading and installing older versions? Do I have full access to download center etc?

i7, Nvidia 860M, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, MC 7.03. Dell Precision M90, Core2Duo 2.16Ghz, FX1500, SATA 7200rpm, MC 4.05. Dell650, 2.8Ghz, 3 GB RAM, FX500, 5... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:14 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,440
    • Points 15,685
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Can I install all older MC versions without support plan?

Hi daktulus, 

daktulus:
    When the support runs out, can I still download and install all MC versions that came out until the date when support ran out?

Yes, that is correct for perpetual license.

daktulus:
    I wouldn´t want to install newer versions that came out after the support ended, but are there any restrictions on downloading and installing older versions? Do I have full access to download center etc?

No restriction on downloading older version from the Download center for details check this FAQ. I hope this helps.

Regards,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:48 PM In reply to

• daktulus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 904
    • Points 12,970

What do you mean by "perpetual license"?

What I am asking is this: if I don´t renew the contract at all: no perpetual license, no support, nothing - can I still download and install all older versions and access the downloadcenter etc?

i7, Nvidia 860M, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, MC 7.03. Dell Precision M90, Core2Duo 2.16Ghz, FX1500, SATA 7200rpm, MC 4.05. Dell650, 2.8Ghz, 3 GB RAM, FX500, 5... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:57 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,185
    • Points 205,190
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Perpetual licenses are ones whihcv you own outright.  A subscription is basically a rental and once you stop paying for it, the license goes away.

if you dont renew your support & Upgrade plan on your license then you own the last version of software that was avasilable prior to the lapse.  As such if you have the activation ID's from prior versions - then yes you can use older versions with that license.  Yes you will still have access to the download center as well......

MC 8.7.2 just came out and 8.8 is immenent ( SS and PF compat) so might not be a good time to not renew...  

Videoguys.com has a discount.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller