Jason, Brian et al...
I need to know what EXACT wacom model you are using.... I have the driver info but we need the Wacom model.
AOL IM: avidmarianna
I'm in the field this week. I'll get you the information as soon as I get back to the office
I also have this issue with the following system specs.
MacOS 10.5.5 (Yosemite) Avid MC 8.8.0 (Symphony Option)
Mac Pro (Mid 2010) 32 GB
Wacom Intuos Pro (Medium) S/W Ver. 6.3.15-3 (Rolled back from 6.3.20-11)
The pen essentially selects/highlights anything in its path, clip names, hamburger buttons, bin windows.
If I''m not careful. clip names are selected and replaced with whatever keystroke I hit without warning, resulting with unidentifiable clips that I don't see until later. This behavior only exists in Avid Media Composer. I also use AE PS and IL without issue. Hope this helps in tracking this down.
-----------------------------Pete PariseEditor, Garbo PostWheel of Fortune(310) 244-3714 (o)(951) 203-9761 (c)
Ok, I'll be the first to admit.... I AM seeing the behavior a bit in After Effects. It's gotten pronounced now that I'm using the Intuos Pro. But I hope you guys will take the high-road and help us loyalists out.
Please, Marianna, can you give us an update more along the lines of what the dept. is experiencing and IF they are actually working on it/making progress?
This black-out silence is killing me.
Here is what we know as of now...
So far our testing department has determined the following, regarding, specifically, the Intuos 3 and older 5 Wacom tablets:
1. Could not reproduce behavior on MC 8.6.5, 8.7 or 8.8 when running with Mac OS 10.10.
2. Reproduced many issues, as described by you folks, when running the above MC builds with Mac OS 10.11.6 – the interesting part here is that we also saw problems at the OS level, without even running MC.
3. Problems worsened, including completely non-functional Wacom pen, when running with Mac OS 10.12.3.
Here are the list of Wacom devices that exhibits this issue with Intous 3 included, and we have tried the latest driver from wacom:
Intuos 3 PTZ-631WIntuos Pro PTH-651 MediumIntuos4 PTK-640Intous4 PTK-440
Intuos5 with 6.3.19-10 didn't have this issue, however the previous driver (6.3.19-6) did have this issue.
What we know works:
1. Wacom driver 6.3.15-12, MC 8.6.5, OS 10.10.5This configuration works fine for me:Shift + Select range in bin DOES work. Lasso in bin, timeline, source browser work fine, very responsive.
2. Wacom driver 6.3.15-12, MC 8.7.1, OS 10.10.5This configuration works fine for me:Shift + Select range in bin DOES work. Lasso in bin, timeline, source browser work fine, very responsive.
3. Wacom driver 6.3.19-10, MC 8.7.1 , OS 10.10.5This configuration works fine for me:Shift + Select range in bin DOES work. Lasso in bin, timeline, source browser work fine, very responsive.
What we know has issues:
4. Wacom driver 6.3.19-6, MC 8.7.1, OS 10.10.5Shift + select range in bin/project window DOES NOT work. Lasso works for me, but the tablet ignores keyboard modifiers. Other drivers tested here MIND keyboard modifiers.
Thats where we are..............
Im on it Monday with Wacom.
THIS... was exactly what I needed... thank you. Although I haven't experienced much Finder-level difficulties, I am starting to believe it's rooted more in Wacom/Mac ... but it is certainly exascerbated in MC.
I see there is a new driver and they claim to have fixed some issues.... I'm gonna try it and report back.
Thank you, M,
Off the next 2 days but plan to be back on this Monday with Wacom and Apple
Fingers so very crossed but I believe it's fixed!!!!!!
Everyone, try WacomTablet_6.3.21-5. It's very early to tell, but MC 8.8 in 10.11.6 using Intuos Pro seems perfect! And, no stickiness in AfterEffects.
Fingers so very crossed......
Upgraded to 8.1.1 this morning and yeah, and I DID speak too soon, although the interactivity is SOOOOO much better, it does still self click a little and lose the ability to drag things from time to time.
Case in point, if you have a sequence in the record side, they travel your pen up to the file menu to select Export, it almost never works because it 'self' clicks the source bin instead meaning you can only then export an AFE cause now it thinks you want to export a bin -- even though the only 'click' you did was to activate the File menu.
Almost there 'tho!
We have some folks testing 8.8.2 in beta and between the new Wacom driver and that version, things are much better. Not sure of launch date yet....
Ill let you know what comes of it
© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.
Site Map |
Find a Reseller