Latest post Mon, Jan 16 2017 4:27 PM by MattB. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 28 2016 10:46 AM

• Glans
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 639
    • Points 9,815

Return of VAT

I'm renewing within EU and there should not be VAT on payments within EU. For some reason Avid always charge VAT even though it's not supposed to be that way. However, previously I was able to receive my VAT back to my bank account. How should I go about to get my VAT back?

* Intel core i7 (3,7 Ghz), 16gb RAM, GeForce GTX 580 3gb - workstation. * Macbook Pro Retina 15 (late 2013) 16gb Ram - Laptop * DeckLink Extreme3D with... [view my complete system specs]

64 bit, GPU acceleration, better AMA, better exports with GPU acceleration, better grading with true secondary and lift gamma gain, higher resolutions (4K, 5K etc.) and a video stream online (for directors being far away on the phone or skype).

That would blow ANY competition away and it will be future-proof MC for a long time.

• Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:11 PM In reply to

Re: Return of VAT

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Avid-Webstore-FAQ

Can I order using a tax exemption number?

We happily honor tax-exempt status if you are eligible for a tax exemption. Please contact our Web Store Supportteam for assistance.

Me, I just order from a local reseller. Quick and simple, same price, regular local VAT invoice. Got tired of beating the drum about VAT, Avid nor Arvato seem to want to understand.

Edit Webstore link.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 28 2016 11:49 PM In reply to

• Glans
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 639
    • Points 9,815

Well, I can't do that because the form prompts me to fill in my product but there's no field to fill in what product it's related to. I would like to get the money back before the year ends. Please direct me to a form or a mail adress that works.

* Intel core i7 (3,7 Ghz), 16gb RAM, GeForce GTX 580 3gb - workstation. * Macbook Pro Retina 15 (late 2013) 16gb Ram - Laptop * DeckLink Extreme3D with... [view my complete system specs]

64 bit, GPU acceleration, better AMA, better exports with GPU acceleration, better grading with true secondary and lift gamma gain, higher resolutions (4K, 5K etc.) and a video stream online (for directors being far away on the phone or skype).

That would blow ANY competition away and it will be future-proof MC for a long time.

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 12:40 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,245

Glans:

I would like to get the money back before the year ends. Please direct me to a form or a mail adress that works.

That is in two days.

As being a Swedish company myself, and with business outside of Sweden, I got a letter yesterday that the last day for me to send in my " it´s called momsdeklaration we are both living here in Sweden " is Feb 27

You are allowed to send it already at the first day of the new year of 2017 and if there is money to be sent back, meaning that you have had more expensives than incomes during 2016, I think that you should have those money payed to your registered account around Jan 20.

You could of course also send your registered VAT number to all the companies outside of Sweden that you are doing business with , and once that this number has been verified as legal your bills will be sent to you with taxes excluded.

This latter sentence is how I run my own business, less paper work once all is registered.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 11:25 AM In reply to

• Glans
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 639
    • Points 9,815

I'm trying to contain all transactions within the year, that's why. Having paid for VAT (which Avid shouldn't within EU and should have fixed years ago), it's an irregular expense and getting the balance back makes unnecessary steps in the book keeping. 

However, this could have been fixed easily if Avid had a form to fill out that actually works. Who can I get in touch with to get this fixed since the online service doesn't work?

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 11:32 AM In reply to

mjolnarn:
    You could of course also send your registered VAT number to all the companies outside of Sweden that you are doing business with , and once that this number has been verified as legal your bills will be sent to you with taxes excluded.
    Not so with the Avid Store, though. That's the point.

A buddy of mine purchased his support renewals online, and was billed Dutch VAT from a Dutch VAT number. So then it becomes a local purchase. Not sure how that works with the Sweden version of the Avid Store.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 29 2016 11:38 AM In reply to

Glans:
    Please direct me to a form or a mail adress that works.
    You do realize that this forum is populated by users, and that forum moderators are also just users volunteering, and not Avid employees, right? I get your frustration but I can think of zero reasons for you to direct any of it to your fellow forum members.

In the meantime, I have pinged Marianna and Raff on the issue of the support form not working. I included screen shots of the error, which I reproduced.

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 1:50 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,245

Job ter Burg:

mjolnarn:
    Not so with the Avid Store, though. That's the point.

A buddy of mine purchased his support renewals online, and was billed Dutch VAT from a Dutch VAT number. So then it becomes a local purchase. Not sure how that works with the Sweden version of the Avid Store.

Ok, seems like some limitation if so.

If the bills are treated locally there is of course no VAT:s to be payed pack from the company itself, just to treat the bills as any other local bills when you pay your taxes

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 4:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,342
    • Points 109,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Glans...

email me directly please and request the VAT and the order # you placed with the store. I also alerte the web store and web site teams that the form is not working properly.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 10:47 PM In reply to

• Glans
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 639
    • Points 9,815

mjolnarn:

Ok, seems like some limitation if so.

If the bills are treated locally there is of course no VAT:s to be payed pack from the company itself, just to treat the bills as any other local bills when you pay your taxes

The price isn't set to swedish currency, it's set to euros and there are no indications on the purchase being local.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't informed to the customers. Avid's information and handling of purchases and software updates feels like directly out of a Kafka novel. I'm at awe by the inability to improve on these things. Charging euros but still being a local purchase needs to be informed if this is the case. Because us, the customers, cannot know these things and if it isn't based locally it can be considered breaking tax laws if handled wrongfully. So is the purchase considered as a swedish purchure or not? 

• Fri, Dec 30 2016 5:19 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,133
    • Points 12,355
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Link fixed!

@Glans Webstore support will take care of you.

Regards,

Ralph

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 16 2017 1:52 PM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 9 2006
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 416
    • Points 5,680

I have been used to having to request refunds of VAT from Avarto - it was a painful procedure, but the refunds came.

In Dec 2015 when I renewed Avarto sent an invoice with a UK VAT registration number, so I reclaimed the VAT in the normal way.

My latest renewal was in Dec 2016. Apart from an order confirmation I have had no response to my request for a VAT invoice. Are Avarto still Avids partner in the online shop? It is rediculous that Avid/Avarto can't manage the European VAT regulations properly in this day and age.

How do I recover the VAT paid on my support renewal?

Edit 1:- Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz (self build) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Mobo 24GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (Nvidia driver... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

• Mon, Jan 16 2017 2:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,342
    • Points 109,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Matt

email me this off forum and I will get this taken care of.  I know they re automating the system for VAT to make it much easier.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Jan 16 2017 4:27 PM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 9 2006
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 416
    • Points 5,680

Marianna to the rescue again.  What would we do without her?

A public thanks.

Edit 1:- Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz (self build) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Mobo 24GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (Nvidia driver... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller