Latest post Tue, Dec 27 2016 7:27 PM by jlomicka. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 20 2016 9:57 PM

• Greg Cohan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 9 2015
    • Hollywood
    • Posts 85
    • Points 990

8.7 Audio Clicks

(coping info from tread on AEOF)

Started Running multiple systems on 8.7 OS 10.10.5 on Isis. Noticing an issue with Audio transitions making a static or clicking noise. Removing and replacing is not correcting it. Tried New User profile. No go. Tried clearing renders. No Go. Only thing that is working is if I create a new sequence and only copy about a minute of the original sequence into the new sequence? 

Also I have one editor complaining of wacom tablet going haywire?

Steps we've attempted thus far:
    - remove and re-apply dissolve. Issue remains.
    - Match back to source, re-add clip, add dissolve, issue remains.

- Cut the entire sequence into a new sequence...issue remains. BUT!!!
    - cut 30 seconds to a min of a sequence into a new one, and the issue goes away. But only something that small...a full sequence will make issue re-occur.
    - Copy and pasted into a new sequence...problem remains. removed and re-rendered the effect in that sequence...remains.
    - AE is brought the bins into a brand new project and new sequence, it still happened.
    - We have 22 tracks of audio...first 16 are mono, 17-21 are stereo, 22 is mono. If he removes all audio from tracks 1-4, issue remains. BUT, if he removes audio from tracks 5-8, the issue clears up....zero popping.

Interesting thing is that when starting a new sequence, and editing that new sequence with the update, this didn't occur. My system was updated, and then I started cutting my act. I didn't have this issue, thus I gave the all clear and all the other systems were updated. So this issue occurs on sequence cut in 8.6.x updated to 8.7

It doesn't seem to affect new sequences started under 8.7. Although I do have a template I cut stuff into, when I started my act from scratch, from a rough string out, I had just installed 8.7, and I don't have this issue with this at all. And the AE opened my sequence in his bay, where he discovered the issue with the other sequences, and the issue isn't there on my sequence. Turn off audio dupe detection...still there.  
    The popping occurs at exactly the same time every time we play back, but NOT if we frame by frame play, or hold down the frame advance button. Only on playback.

But exported a file and it's not on the exported file, so that's good.
    27 Systems all running MC 8.7 on OS 10.11.5, ISIS 5500 SD 4.7.4 client 4.7.7 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,283
    • Points 219,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: 8.7 Audio Clicks

Greg

Let me read thru and see if our audio guru has any idea's...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,283
    • Points 219,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Posted on AEofFB

It is a bug....    MCCET-1276

Jeff our audio guru said it seems to only happen with stereo tracks, split to mono may be the work-around.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:41 PM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 5,955

I've spent many hours dealing with this problem. In my experience, it occurs when you have a mix of different types of tracks -- stereo and mono. Using all mono tracks solves it. Not ideal, but it works. Hoping it's fixed soon.

See this thread:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/160181/808551.aspx#808551

Mac Pro Westmere 12-Core 3.46GHz, Media Composer 8.6.4, Mac OS 10.11.5, 64GB RAM, Mojo DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:51 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,283
    • Points 219,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Yes....

Funckdren...

Jeff Lomika who is our audio guy is well aware.... that being said, I have no idea how tough it is too fix but I am SURE they are working on it.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:54 PM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 5,955

Yes, I'm a Jeffrey Lomicka fan and appreciate his tenacity in squashing these bugs. He's been very responsive when we grumble on AEoF. Please pass along our appreciation!

Mac Pro Westmere 12-Core 3.46GHz, Media Composer 8.6.4, Mac OS 10.11.5, 64GB RAM, Mojo DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 21 2016 11:29 PM In reply to

funckdren:
    Using all mono tracks solves it. Not ideal, but it works.
    Not as easy when you have 5.1/7.1 tracks as well.

Was bitten by this bug tonight. Have experienced similar issues before, but then rendering would solve the issue. In 8.7, the error ends up in the render. Had to switch to my other system (still on 8.5.3).

Having headaches with all these 8.x incarnations, each of them seems to cripple another part of my workflow. Might revert to v7. :(

Defintely also a Jeff Lomicka fan, though!

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 22 2016 1:08 AM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 5,955

Job ter Burg:
    In 8.7, the error ends up in the render.

Whoah, that's pretty bad. I really hope they solve this soon...it's troubling that it seems to be getting worse. I'm fortunate to not be working in 5.1 or 7.1

Job ter Burg:
    Having headaches with all these 8.x incarnations, each of them seems to cripple another part of my workflow.

Yeah. Lately, it seems with every release we're swapping one problem for another...admittedly some are worse than others, but it feels like a crapshoot with every upgrade. Audio pops; Can't render audio dissolves; Center-pan stops working; AFIFO_TAKE_UNDERRUN error; Wacom tablet bugs.

Hmm. Maybe they need more beta testers?

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 3:17 PM In reply to

funckdren:
    Hmm. Maybe they need more beta testers?

Interested?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:16 PM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 5,955

Yeah, I am actually. About six months ago I raised my hand to be a beta tester -- Marianna forwarded my name and info, but nobody contacted me.

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,283
    • Points 219,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Funckdren

Just pinged keith as I remember when you did this.  Nudged him along.

Stand by

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:23 PM In reply to

PM me with contact info and I'll forward it to the beta team. There won't be anything starting until after the new year.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 10:08 PM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 5,955

Hmm, I don't see how to PM you. Looks like Marianna pinged them again.

Or here's my contact info: funckdren@gmail.com

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 10:56 PM In reply to

Marianna sent me it as well, and I see the beta coordinator has it as well. I will follow up after the new year.

As for PM'ing, for future reference, hit the "Contact" button in one of my posts and then select "Start a Conversation."

-- Kevin

• Fri, Dec 23 2016 1:02 AM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 5,955

Kevin Klimek:
    for future reference, hit the "Contact" button

Doh! I clicked on your name and thought your contact info was buried in your profile. Somehow I've never even noticed that Contact button! Thx Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller