Latest post Thu, Dec 15 2016 3:53 AM by Dom Q. Silverio. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 14 2016 10:27 AM

Batch Speed Conversion - A Scene at 48fps in 24fps Project

Hi all,

I am working on a feature shot at 24fps, on an Alexa Mini. 

There is one scene where the director has shot the entire scene (fight sequence) at 48fps. They did record sync sound, as they thought that they could speed the footage up in post, and have one set of rushes in sync @ 24fps as a group clip (2 x Cameras), and another (the original) at 48fps for the fighting.

This has been a massive problem. I can't figure it out.

I've tried putting a motion effect on two of the clips (A+B cam) but it wont let me autosync to the audio as it says it can only work on subclips and master clips.

We did originally put each slate and take in a sequence with the speed effect and both cameras footage on top of each other, but the editor is having none of it.

Suggestions please! Thank you.

• Thu, Dec 15 2016 3:53 AM In reply to

Re: Batch Speed Conversion - A Scene at 48fps in 24fps Project

You cant group/sync with mixed frame rates. You have to convert one of them (aka bake it in).

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller