Latest post Tue, Dec 13 2016 5:52 PM by cable. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 13 2016 5:52 PM

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 386
    • Points 4,965

Networking advice for Nexis Ent

Greetings,

I have a one Nexis 120TB chassis and will be adding another in a couple of months. I am using an Arista swtich. My clients are all on 1Gb ethernet and we only edit using DNxHD36 or DNxHD115. It's for feature work and we'll have up to 6 people on one shared project. We at most will have three projects at a time.

I have a need to get access to the Nexis from our corporate in house network such that I can manage the server and get email notices from the server. At the moment it's completely isolated and each client is directly wired into the swtich and that switch is not connected to our main network.

I am interested in connecting this switch to our main network and could even see people loading footage onto the Nexis and possibly one or two users editing off of the regular network rather than having a dedicted connected directly to the Nexis switch. We have a very very solid network. Every swith is an Arista with 20Gb bonding from switch to switch, our core switches are even high bandwidth than that. Our sys admins tell me they can create a virtual network for the edit clients so our edit systems don't recieve unneeded broadcast packets. They asure me every client will be guaranteed the full 1Gb connection with absolute minimum latency.

My question is: Is this an Avid supported network configuration?

I know Avid has several products that allow large corporations and education institutions to have many many connected clients so I can't imagine that would be much different.

Is this something I should be worried about?

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller