Latest post Thu, Dec 29 2016 5:53 PM by mattve. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 24 2016 5:04 PM

• mattve
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 6 2016
    • Posts 15
    • Points 215

Replaced hot spare - disk degraded status not cleared

Hi there,

We recently had a virtual disk marked as dying, the bad drive in the virtual disk running 400+ media error counts in LSI Megaraid, but not marked as totally failed yet. I had the drive RMA'd from Avid and I have physically replaced the drive. The last time this happened the drive had fully failed and a rebuild had automatically started, but this time we pre-empted the fail and replaced it before the LED turned red on its own. Disk rebuild completed around 5pm yesterday and the new hot spare has been accepted.

As far as I can recall upon replacing the last failed drive the disk degraded status cleared itself and the new hot spare was identified in LSI. This time the latter happened but not the former, and I'm not finding a way to clear the DISK DYING status in the agent page. Am I missing a step somewhere? I'm guessing if I can clear that status the disk degraded status will also clear in the storage manager.

Thanks,

MVE

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 5:03 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,255
    • Points 27,835
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: Replaced hot spare - disk degraded status not cleared

Are you still having this issue? Have you spoken to support?

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 5:53 PM In reply to

• mattve
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 6 2016
    • Posts 15
    • Points 215

Re: Replaced hot spare - disk degraded status not cleared

The issue was resolved, thanks for asking. The system eventually cleared the status and reset the error count in the agent. I'm not sure how long it took as I was unable to check for a couple of days, but once I did it was all back to normal.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller