Latest post Tue, Nov 22 2016 1:25 AM by Marty McLean. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 21 2016 5:34 PM

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,231
    • Points 15,520
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Yes [Y] MacOS Sierra now supported with launch of MC 8.6.5

Avid is pleased to announce the release of Media Composer v8.6.5.  

MacOS update:  Media Composer v8.6.5 now supports MacOS 10.12.1 (Sierra).

This update is available from My Avid Master Accounts (My Avid Master Account), Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required).

This update includes the following features:

Support for BlackMagic Design Desktop Video v10.8

Automatically generated folders no longer show up in the Bin list in the Project window

Create Bin Based on Folder: You can now create Bins based on the Folder where the source media is located.

Also in this update are a number of bug fixes, including:

Title Tool fix for that “select-all” bug

You might have received an “AudioStreamReader” error when shuttling backward with the J key

You might have received Exception errors when transcoding OP1a files to another format.

After performing a Send to Playback with “always transcode” enabled, the original sequence was only linked to the .new transcoded clips.

Locators at the same timecode value were lost or hidden from view in some instances.

If you deleted a restriction in Media Central, any subsequent restrictions at the same location in the clip did not show up in Media Composer.

When working in a Japanese locale, a number of menus were grayed out.

If you had a bin with audio effects in a Media Composer v7.x system and you tried to open it in a Media Composer v8.6.2 system, you might have received Exception errors.

A batch import would fail with an “Exception: Cannot quick import a mixed resolution QuickTime movie” error if you were performing a batch import on previously imported decomposed master clips.

In some instances, you might have received an “SFPlay Timeout” error when playing back an XDCAM EX .mov file.

In some instances, Wav files were imported with incorrect timecode.

Sequences playback slowly if they contain clips, which had been created through Avid AREMA AMT Service and Agent.

If you checked in a group clip where the audio was longer than the video, the timecode format for the duration was wrong.  

How to obtain the Media Composer 8.6.5: 

Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer v8.6.4 will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.

-  New customers who purchase Media Composer will receive this 8.6.5 update in their My Avid Master Account.

-  Customers on current Upgrade & Support plans can download the Media Composer v8.6.5 update either from their Master Avid Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.)

-  Customers NOT on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription or Perpetual license to receive this update.

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

• Mon, Nov 21 2016 5:38 PM In reply to

Re: MacOS Sierra now supported with launch of MC 8.6.5

You did not forget this time ;)Yes

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

AVID USERS ECUADOR                                  

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Tue, Nov 22 2016 12:09 AM In reply to

• Michael Wolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,345

Should I install Sierra first or upgrade to MC 8.6.5 first? Or should I uninstall MC, upgrade to Sierra, and then install MC 8.6.5?

artist•technician / Great Eyes / Symphony DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 22 2016 12:55 AM In reply to

• Marty McLean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, NSW, Australia
    • Posts 42
    • Points 420

I'd recommend: deactivate and uninstall Media Composer, wipe your boot drive, install macOS Sierra on a clean drive, install and activate Media Composer.

2014 MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14.2 | Avid 2018.12 with PhraseFind + ScriptSync | 2.5GHz i7 | 16GB | 2GB GT 750M [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 22 2016 1:05 AM In reply to

• Michael Wolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,345

Short of a clean wipe, what's the best option I asked about?

artist•technician / Great Eyes / Symphony DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 22 2016 1:25 AM In reply to

• Marty McLean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, NSW, Australia
    • Posts 42
    • Points 420

Then I'd uninstall your current Media Composer, update to Sierra, then install Media Composer 8.6.5. Should work fine! Smile

2014 MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14.2 | Avid 2018.12 with PhraseFind + ScriptSync | 2.5GHz i7 | 16GB | 2GB GT 750M [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller