Latest post Thu, Nov 24 2016 2:01 PM by Supermandan1. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 19 2016 10:03 PM

Backing up MC in Premiere Pro

Hi,

I've been calling around for freelance work for a while now, and finally been given an opportunity.  Great, but the problem is that the place is strictly Premiere.  I have now said yes, but on Tuesday when I turn up I will have to wing it.  The two options I can do are: i) come clean that I am not up to speed on Premiere, gen-up as much as possible in the next couple of days, but know I will be exposed when sitting down to start the client's project; ii) take my MC 8.6 set-up with me (I am portable), and offer to do the job in MC at the agreed rate, and for archiving purposes give the boss some kind of EDL (or something equally tangible) which I would do foc. 

I like the second option as it allows me to concentrate on editing the project, and then, with real purpose over & above simply following tutorials (which are excellent only if you have the leisure to make mistakes in your own time) make the boss's back-up by renting, at my own cost, Premiere for a month and re-creating the edit in this environment, and thus learning this kit in a working, professional manner.  The thing is - and if I phrase the question incorrectly, please let me know - once a project is edited in Avid, what is the best, most time-efficient steps to recreate the same in Premiere?

Thank you,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 21 2016 4:54 PM In reply to

Re: Backing up MC in Premiere Pro

Can anyone help on this one, please ?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 21 2016 5:16 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

No problems to import your Avid projects inside PP , Adobe have made it pretty easy , not that easy to go the other way , just set up some test projects for yourself to test , AAF is what you want to use .

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Nov 21 2016 5:34 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/migrate-from-avid-media-composer.html

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Nov 21 2016 6:56 PM In reply to

Great, thank you.  I will review thoroughly soon, although one quickie question for now.  If media has been transcoded to MXF and then edited in Avid, does somehow the file info translated to Premiere (however best described) include all specific references to the original media (not the MXF) so that Premiere can rebuild a timeline accordingly?

• Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:39 PM In reply to

What was the reaction in the company, and how is the process going?

• Thu, Nov 24 2016 2:01 PM In reply to

Thank you for getting back to me and asking.  It was Ok, passable - though next time I will have to be much better.  Premiere Pro is a more than decent kit, and while I did not have time to explore all the nuances of its capabilities, still, am I right in thinking that when it comes to fine-tuning the edit it does not have "dual/single trim roller" ? If not, I am very surprised.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller