Latest post Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:39 PM by Romani. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 7 2016 8:58 PM

• Romani
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 29 2015
    • NZ
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Relinking a sequence

Hi, I edited a trailer a few weeks ago, using one large 106gb pro res hq file.  I ama'd then transcoded the file.  After thinking the job was done and dusted ( the producer only wanted the trailer for web), she's come back to me and asked me to give a post house a pro res export so they can do a DCP.

I have dumped the footage from my system, and so I need to link my sequence to the original file.  It's only 50sec duration.  I have tried but am probably missing an obvious and vital step.  This is the first time I have done this.

Thank you!

Version 8.6 with Symphony, Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 7 2016 9:59 PM In reply to

Re: Relinking a sequence

Is the linked file online?

OPEN the bin with the linked file.  CLOSE the bin with the transcoded or consolidated file.

SELECT the linked clip.

Right-click your sequence, RELINK... and use "selected items in ALL open bins".

It should work.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 7 2016 10:33 PM In reply to

• Romani
    • Not Ranked
    • NZ
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Hello, thanks for your reply, I pulled the original file back onto my raid5, from the drive I originallywas originally given.  (That I first ama'd and transcoded from).  I'm not exactly wanting to relink, in that case, right?  I guess I want to do a conform of my sequence.  Is that possible?  I should be able to link my sequence to that original file?  15 years ago when I used to do this stuff I would've captured my sequence....

• Mon, Nov 7 2016 10:34 PM In reply to

• Romani
    • Not Ranked
    • NZ
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

I will try again now following your instructions.

• Mon, Nov 7 2016 10:41 PM In reply to

• Romani
    • Not Ranked
    • NZ
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

I should've consolidated before dumping the media files?  I will find tutorials and figure this out.

Cheers :))

• Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:17 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,255
    • Points 39,505

If you relink the original AMA and then either Transcode or Consolidate (whichever you orignally did) it should relink.  Since this is from one long clip, that is how I would attempt this.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:39 PM In reply to

• Romani
    • Not Ranked
    • NZ
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

I tried that a few times and it reloads databases then tells me nothing was relinked.  How do post houses link back?  

jef:

If you relink the original AMA and then either Transcode or Consolidate (whichever you orignally did) it should relink.  Since this is from one long clip, that is how I would attempt this.

Jef

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller