Latest post Thu, Oct 13 2016 4:02 AM by Éric Simoneau. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:12 AM

• Éric Simoneau
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Victoriaville - Québec
    • Posts 224
    • Points 2,620

all drives not detecting anything

title says it all. reformatted and reinstalled avid. 

alldrives dont show me any of the mapped drives ive got. 

what can i do ? 

The closer you get to the deadline, the more chances things will start to fk up royaly. True story. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:04 AM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Re: all drives not detecting anything

Make sure you're using the correct command.

From the built-in Help:

To make your mapped network drives available:
    1. Open the Console window by selecting Tools > Console.
    2. In the Console command line, type: alldrives 1
    3. Press Enter.
    Network drives are now visible in your Avid editing application. Typing alldrives in the Console window turns this feature on and off. Typing alldrives 2 restores the default behavior where only media drives are available. By default, network drives are filtered by resolution when the option Filter Network Drives Based on Resolution option is selected in the Media Creation settings. For more information, see Media Creation Settings.
    Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Wed, Oct 12 2016 9:33 AM In reply to

• Éric Simoneau
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Victoriaville - Québec
    • Posts 224
    • Points 2,620

yeah i know all that, network aint filthered either, like i said, alldrive wont pick up any my mapped drives (i have about 8 )

this is the first time it fails to pick up the drives (and ive been with avid for a few years now)i is there anything i can do to force add drives manualy if detection wont work. ive read somewhere else that i could do fresh format but ive got too many drives with too many gigs to move around for that.

The closer you get to the deadline, the more chances things will start to fk up royaly. True story. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 12 2016 2:32 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Éric Simoneau:

yeah i know all that, network aint filthered either, like i said, alldrive wont pick up any my mapped drives (i have about 8 )

this is the first time it fails to pick up the drives (and ive been with avid for a few years now)i is there anything i can do to force add drives manualy if detection wont work. ive read somewhere else that i could do fresh format but ive got too many drives with too many gigs to move around for that.

I've only ever used "alldrives 1" and have never had trouble.  The setting stays enabled with only having to enter it once.  The reason I said to be sure you were using the right command was that your original post had something different for the command than what it says now.  What it said at first wasn't the right command.  The post I quoted just now doesn't show the right command, either.

The mapped drives are still accessible to the computer otherwise?

The permissions are correct to allow read and write on the mapped drives?

Delete and rebuild database files?

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Wed, Oct 12 2016 2:40 PM In reply to

• Éric Simoneau
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Victoriaville - Québec
    • Posts 224
    • Points 2,620

yes, the drives never changed (they are on a NAS) and has always been detected through my multiple format/installs since we bought them about 6 years ago.

they just happens to not be detected this time and im wondering why.

i also tried trashing the database files, it didn help, Avid doesnt see the drives so it dont even try to rebuild it.  

• Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:51 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 481
    • Points 5,755

i've only ever seen this with a mac getting silly.

you just went through a reinstall?

they're detectable from other avid machines?

not sure it matters, but configure the windows network as a "Home network"

you didn't answer if you could write to them via explorer.

run avid as admin?

MC 2018.12.2 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:01 PM In reply to

• Éric Simoneau
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Victoriaville - Québec
    • Posts 224
    • Points 2,620

yeah just tested on a laptop and i can see the NAS's drives. 

ill try to change the network to see if it works. avid already starts as admin.

if it doesnt work, im off to a full format of the pc again. 

thanks for the help. 

• Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:06 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 481
    • Points 5,755

i meant right click avid -> run as admin.

reinstall NIC, make sure you have something better than windows stock drivers.

MC 2018.12.2 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 13 2016 4:02 AM In reply to

• Éric Simoneau
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Victoriaville - Québec
    • Posts 224
    • Points 2,620

well nothing worked.

except a full format of the pc, that worked out duh. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller