Latest post Thu, Sep 29 2016 4:17 PM by Supermandan1. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 28 2016 12:39 PM

grid on record monitor for resizing?

Hi,

I have c.600 photos of an animal's head that I want to resize uniformly, and wondered if it is possible to impose a grid on the record monitor to make this easy.  The 600 photos of an animal's head were taken over three years, and because each day it its own hand-held shot, in each JPEG the animal's head is slightly here, there and everywhere.  At the moment, everything is AMA-linked ad I intend to CC and resize all before performing a video mixdown/time lapse.  This will be ardous - but no matter.  It's just that for the resizing it would be useful to impose a grid so then I would have 'markers' to co-ordinate from.

Please advise,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 28 2016 1:37 PM In reply to

Re: grid on record monitor for resizing?

Why not put one of the phots on V2 and set the transparency to 50% ( or thereabouts), and put each new photo on V1 and resize to that.

Alternatively, use the title tool to draw a grid based on one standard photo.

• Wed, Sep 28 2016 2:40 PM In reply to

Brilliant.  Basic dumb question, I know, but which is best and you recommend for the 50% transparency fx?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 28 2016 3:55 PM In reply to

Supermandan1:

Brilliant.  Basic dumb question, I know, but which is best and you recommend for the 50% transparency fx?

I'd use the 3d Warp. It includes both opacity (it's called "foreground" in the effect) and resizing parameters in the same effect.

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Sep 28 2016 4:16 PM In reply to

Again, thank you, DC

• Wed, Sep 28 2016 5:48 PM In reply to

If Avid has not removed it, and it might only be a film-based project, but in the Paint effect, if you open the UI a bit there is a preset “target” icon. Clicking this will add a target to the image that the user can move around (and animate if needed). This can be put on the top track and used as a pixel/region based marker. For example over where the eyes should be. By the same token, the user could create a square or oval with the paint tool to define where the head is, etc.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 29 2016 4:17 PM In reply to

Thank you, D.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller