Latest post Wed, Sep 21 2016 3:29 PM by sekohnle. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 12 2016 3:24 PM

• sekohnle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 1 2015
    • Posts 23
    • Points 265

Getting Access to Rendered transitions

Hello,

I have a simple sequence with desolves on each track (V1, A1-A16) that were rendered. I can see them with a call to GetSegmentsFromComposition() via Web Services.

However, when I try to get the file locators for the rendered disolve MXF files via GetFileDetails(), it fails. How do I get the file loctors for each rendered effect's MXF file?

Thanks,

Scott.

• Mon, Sep 12 2016 3:33 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 164
    • Points 2,090
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Getting Access to Rendered transitions

Hi Scott,

What do you expect to achieve by getting file locations for rendered effects? This possibility is not directly available on purpose such as precomputes need very special handling and may not behave as expected.

Thanks

• Mon, Sep 12 2016 7:13 PM In reply to

• sekohnle
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 23
    • Points 265

Hello,

I am not talking about dealing with precomputes or even complex effects. I am just talking about simple dissolves, fade to black, etc. Once these transitions are rendered, there is a new MXF file that is created. The essence in these files can be played back with no issues.

I would like to know if I can find these files from Interplay so I can play them as part of the sequence. Right now, I can play the sequence just fine, but it is missing these transitions. Is there away to get this info via Web services API?

Thanks,

Scott.

• Mon, Sep 12 2016 10:45 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 164
    • Points 2,090
      Avid Employee

Scott,

Technically it is possible to get file locations for rendered effects via IPWS indirectly.

But for your case I'd suggest playback of a sequence that has been flattened with transcode or send to playback. This will provide rendered effects built-in completely syncronized with original media.

Thanks

• Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:14 PM In reply to

• sekohnle
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 23
    • Points 265

Hello Vadym,

How would I possibly get access indirectly to the rendered effects via Web Services? I would like to look at this option first.

Thanks,

Scott.

• Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:28 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 164
    • Points 2,090
      Avid Employee

Scott,

Performing delete simulation returns media locations for rendered effects. This is not recommended for use on more than ocassional basis due to increasing Interplay engine load.

Thanks

• Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:09 PM In reply to

• sekohnle
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 23
    • Points 265

Hi Vadym,

Thanks for the info. I tried this but it returns the locators just like you said, however, it does not give the file mob ID for that asset. I have the file mob from the composition segment call, but I am not sure how to match the locator with the correct rendered effect based on file mob IDs.

Is there a way to get the file mob ID from the media locator?

Thanks,

Scott.

• Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:18 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 164
    • Points 2,090
      Avid Employee

Scott,

You could perform delete simulation for each rendered effect you need a URI for by its mobid.

There is no way to get mobids by URI for now.

• Wed, Sep 21 2016 3:29 PM In reply to

• sekohnle
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 23
    • Points 265

Hello Vadym,

I understand that the URI should be set to the following for an example,

interplay://WGA/Incoming Media/WS1/060a2b340101010101010f0013-000000-492db86a79b81a1f-060e2b347f7f-2a80

The mobid is the master clip id. This does show all the assets just fine. Are you saying that I need to change the master clip id to the file mob id like this,

interplay://WGA/Incoming Media/WS1/060a2b340101010101010f0013-000000-492db96a89b81a1f-060e2b347f7f-2a80

If that is correct, I tried that and it failed. What am I doing wrong? How do I format the URI correctly for the delete operation?

Thanks,

Scott.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller