Latest post Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:02 PM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:21 PM

• John Keating
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 1 2015
    • New York City
    • Posts 25
    • Points 375

Subsequences are missing video track. How do I turn it on?

Today I realized that my number 8 was bound to turning off the video track.

While Logging a 5 hour sequence yesterday by creating subsequences.  I accidentally must have hit the video track off and continued to make the subsequences. Today I am realizing that most of those subsequences that I spent all day logging are now missing the video track. Is there any way to turn on the video track?

Thanks.

• Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:04 PM In reply to

Re: Subsequences are missing video track. How do I turn it on?

When you create a subsequence, you're telling MC "take what I have selected in this sequence and make it its own sequence" - so if you didn't have a particular track selected when you made the subsequence, then you won't have that track available to you in the subsequence. 

Sorry.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:02 PM In reply to

Re: Subsequences are missing video track. How do I turn it on?

It should be fairly quick to rebuild those.
    Load an audio only sub sequence into the Source monitor. (Drag it there)
    Make a new sequence (Ctrl + Shift + N).
    Rename this new sequence the same as your audio only sub sequence.
    Edit the audio only sub sequences audio into this new sequence .
    Mark the IO (T Key) for an audio clip in this new sequence.
    Use Q key to go to the in Point and use Match Frame (map it to your keyboard). This loads your original media into the source monitor with the same mark In time as the mark in in the Audio only sub sequence.
    Turn on the new sequences video track and edit the clip into the new sequence. 
    Repeat for the next audio only clip in the sub sequence.  
    Or if the last or only audio clip in the sub sequence make another new sequence and repeat. 

Other things that may help. In your settings Timeline> Edit set just the video and audio tracks (V1, A1 mono A2 Mono perhaps) you want in the New Sequence creation options.
    Explore how to use Ctrl A to turn on and off all tracks in the sequence.
    If you have a really large number of these it could help to temporarily map your keyboard  so the sequence of keys you use. For example is F2-Mark clip, F3-Go to Mark In, F4-Match Frame, F5 V1, etc)    

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller