Latest post Sun, Jul 31 2016 5:41 AM by Igor Ridanovic. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 31 2016 12:08 AM

• Wilkins
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 30 2016
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Convert Avid DS Bin to Avid Media Composer Bin

I have been put in charge of a project that has me looking at old bins and sequences.  I have the backups of old bins for the Avid DS but I need to open them in Avid Media Composer.  Since the Avid DS system has been sold years ago, I need to open them up in Media Composer.  Does anyone know how to (or the steps to) open an Avid DS bin in Avid Media Composer?  Or make an Avid DS bin read as an Avide Media Composer bin?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

• Sun, Jul 31 2016 5:41 AM In reply to

Re: Convert Avid DS Bin to Avid Media Composer Bin

DS and Media Composer are two completely different NLEs that have very little in common. They can not share bins. In fact, Avid DS bins are nothing but Windows directories that contain files that represent sequences and clips.  Media Composer bins are binary files that contain descriptions of sequences and clips.

There is an AAF export option in DS which I have tried on only one or two occasions. Unless I am mistaken, the primary purpose of the AAF export capability in DS is to export material to ProTools.

You could also try to export EDLs from Avid DS and conform them in Media Composer.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller