Latest post Thu, Nov 15 2018 4:21 PM by dew. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:07 PM In reply to

Re: Moving from Media Composer to Adobe Premiere

True and Adobe just canceled MUSE people are upset. Same could happen with Premiere and we know what happened to Final Cut 7.

Avid does what Avid does or it does nothing. 

MC Version: 2018.2 System: PC windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Workstation ATX mid Tower case, MSI Z87-G45 MBoard, 650 watt,Crucial M500 250GB SSD, Intel i7-4770K... [view my complete system specs]

MC 8.4.5     Built Workstation-Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit,/ Intel® CoreTM i7-4770K processor/ NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2GB/16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz /MSI Z87-G45 Mother Board/650 Watt Power/ Super Multi Blue Writer (LG BH12LS38)/ AVID C-400 for audio interface  Pro Tools MP

• Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:12 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 469
    • Points 5,550

Ronald Czarnecki:

Avid does what Avid does or it does nothing. 

What is that, buying other companies and then canning the product?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

MC 8.4.4 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX 1070... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:20 PM In reply to

"Avid does what Avid does or it does nothing." My take on Avid doing what Avid does in Video and Sound as opposed to everything else.

Adobe-web, animation, motion graphics, cartoon animation

Apple- watches, I phones and what ever else Steve could think up. Not sure how interested in video they may be.  

Companies can make their money from different avenues but Avid makes their money of video production. Best as I know.  

MC Version: 2018.2 System: PC windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Workstation ATX mid Tower case, MSI Z87-G45 MBoard, 650 watt,Crucial M500 250GB SSD, Intel i7-4770K... [view my complete system specs]

MC 8.4.5     Built Workstation-Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit,/ Intel® CoreTM i7-4770K processor/ NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2GB/16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz /MSI Z87-G45 Mother Board/650 Watt Power/ Super Multi Blue Writer (LG BH12LS38)/ AVID C-400 for audio interface  Pro Tools MP

• Mon, Nov 12 2018 8:21 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 469
    • Points 5,550

yeah i know.

that's how they make ther money.

but they have a knack on blowing it on companies that they buy above and sell below market value. M-audio, softimage.

Euphonix is next i guess.

If they had invested in their core business instead, MC would be unrivaled.

MC 8.4.4 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX 1070... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 12 2018 9:48 PM In reply to

Its knowing the workflow and shortcuts that make the difference.

AMA link some clips. Subclip them down. Maybe create a frame view story board and drag it to a sequence.

Background transcode to a workable offline resolution.

Auto duck the audio under a dialogue track. That sort of thing all carried out in a fluid efficent manner shows why experienced editors still use MC as the go to to get jobs done.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Nov 15 2018 4:21 PM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 509
    • Points 6,530

Pat Horridge:

Its knowing the workflow and shortcuts that make the difference.

AMA link some clips. Subclip them down. Maybe create a frame view story board and drag it to a sequence.

Background transcode to a workable offline resolution.

Auto duck the audio under a dialogue track. That sort of thing all carried out in a fluid efficent manner shows why experienced editors still use MC as the go to to get jobs done.

The problem with 'Avid is only a select few know the shortuts. There isnt enough training material available. As much as some don't want to admit PPro is popular because theres so much content on learning and using the software on youtube. When you try to learn anything on MC its from tutorial a few years old. This is one of the reasons MC is not well known by the newer generation. Even in the community forum you can't find any basic training. Douglas was the only one providing content a few years ago on using the MC. It would be great to get training from certified Avid trainers but thats not always possible. The kids at colleges are using Premiere because content on how to use the software is available. Tips and tricks on how to do use the animatte or paint tool would be nice. How about on how to do slo mo in MC which could use some refining. 

ANyone mind showing on how to do a story board on MC for those who are new to the software? Or how to do auto duck on audio? I understand MC is for a niche or certain tier of editors in hollywood, broadcast etc but there needs to be more awareness of the software and how to use it. And there needs to be newer powerful features to compete. 

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller