Latest post Wed, Jul 27 2016 9:50 PM by Rock Island Media. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:59 AM

8.6 timeline buttons vanishing

I thought I was going crazy at first. I would customize the buttons that are in the timeline window to be a custom configuration (i.e., map some menu function to a button). It would work during that session. Then I would go into Media Composer at a later time and they would be gone. Completely gone. Either blank, or replaced with "factory presets". I tried to remap them again, and they were replaced again. It is easily repeatable, and very frustrating. It's like it's not even saving my button settings.

Anyone else run in to this or hear of a fix?

• Sun, Jul 24 2016 2:06 AM In reply to

Re: 8.6 timeline buttons vanishing

Try doing a timeline save as with your desired timeline customising giving it a new name.

If that does not work for you try creating a new user and see if your customising "sticks" with the new user.

• Wed, Jul 27 2016 9:50 PM In reply to

Re: 8.6 timeline buttons vanishing

AndrewAction:

Try doing a timeline save as with your desired timeline customising giving it a new name.

If that does not work for you try creating a new user and see if your customising "sticks" with the new user.

I've tried your suggestions, and no luck. When I choose the saved timeline settings, the button remap is wiped clean again... as if I never changed them. This is on a fresh install of the software and OS X...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller