Latest post Fri, Sep 23 2016 6:52 AM by Marty McLean. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 20 2016 3:27 AM

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,237
    • Points 15,620
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Geeked [8-|] Complete list of MC versions compatible with Mac OS versions

Hi everyone. Here is a resource for Mac-based Media Composer users (and some Windows users too):

http://www.alwaysediting.com/avid-mc-versions.html 

By moderating, I've been compiling data on correct version environments for years from all the various readme files. It's a thumbnail-view of the Avid Version Matrix, but with the added feature of listing all of the MC versions qualified for each OS point release. Essentially when I'm in a crunch for time, it's the cheat sheet I've been using to moderate users here and on the Avid Editors of Facebook.

Yes it's a bit clunky (it's just a hobby) and corny being on my own website. My hope is to eventually take it off my own website and turn it into an AvidBlog which is updated continuously.

But in the meantime, if any of you are needing immediate info on versions of MC (current and past) as well as what point-releases of the Mac OS they run on, then I hope this helps.

Let me know any tweaks you'd like to see as well. My goal is to build a page for every point release of MC since 5.5, including known bugs and workflow issues.

But every time I sit down to do so, the darned edit phone rings ;) 

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)
    WWND (What Would Norman Do?)

• Thu, Jul 21 2016 1:10 AM In reply to

Re: Complete list of MC versions compatible with Mac OS versions

• Thu, Jul 21 2016 3:28 AM In reply to

• jcmcnamee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 222
    • Points 2,390

Agree this is awesome...as long as you keep it updated ;)

One note...10.11.6 isn't a Beta release. May be confusing since there are also public betas of Sierra out there.

Media Composer 2018.5 / OS 10.14.1 27" iMac [3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB] [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 29 2016 1:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,168
    • Points 217,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Pixel Monkey

Nicely done....  Let me know if you need info for updating this puppy.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 23 2016 6:52 AM In reply to

• Marty McLean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, NSW, Australia
    • Posts 43
    • Points 435

This is a great idea! Nice to see an info centre for versions and operating systems that's better than the official one. Also, I love what you put on the 10.6 page! It's about time people moved on. 

I've been running 8.4.5 on 10.11.x all year and had no problems but I wouldn't reccomend it. Stick out tongue

2014 MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14.2 | Avid 2018.12 with PhraseFind + ScriptSync | 2.5GHz i7 | 16GB | 2GB GT 750M [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller