Latest post Sun, Aug 7 2016 11:22 PM by hitINdaGs. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 15 2016 8:32 AM

• hitINdaGs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 3 2012
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,245

composite modes

i think it's about time that avid supports composite modes to blend footage into one another. just like any other video tool ;)

cheers!

• Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:26 AM In reply to

Re: composite modes

• Tue, Jul 26 2016 2:06 PM In reply to

• Edit Jack
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 13 2015
    • Germany
    • Posts 19
    • Points 235

+1

Yes this would be great.

ONE: AVID Media Composer 8.8.1 // Mac Pro (End 2013) // 3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 // 64 GB RAM / 2xAMD FirePro D500 3072 MB // RAID Promise Pegasus2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 27 2016 5:23 PM In reply to

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • KTOWN LOS ANGELES
    • Posts 236
    • Points 3,240

install avid fx.  its comes with media composer.  I use it all the time.

DIY intel 7820x, asus x299-e mainboard, Quadchan 64gb ram, win10 home 64bit creators, 1080ti, Blackmagic Intensity 4k. The latest Media Composer. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 27 2016 6:35 PM In reply to

cls105:

install avid fx.  its comes with media composer.

Not anymore...

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 8.10.0 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 27 2016 11:06 PM In reply to

Or at the very least persuade Avid's Product management to deal with Black Magic and come to an agreement over Edit Connection.  Instead of wasting a minute of development time they give Media Composer Blending options within every effect, compositing, great 2 and 3D Titling, better Keying, 3D Pan and Zoom, versioning for effects, 100% background rendering that updates MC's timeline, seamless offline to online FX workflow+, + + .   

Given that Fusion is free, Edit Connection already works with MC. Black Magic are still promoting on their support site that Fusion (free) with Edit Connection work from the MC timeline (see attached image from the BM site today)  How hard could it possibly be for MC Product Management to negotiate a deal to get all MC users access to all these high quality solutions for a large majority of MC's long standing weaknesses. All at Zero expense to Avid.

• Thu, Jul 28 2016 8:40 AM In reply to

• Edit Jack
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 13 2015
    • Germany
    • Posts 19
    • Points 235

AVID FX is not beeing updated anymore, so soon it will not work anymore. Now AVID user have to pay for Boris RED..

A free composite mode in AVID would be great.

ONE: AVID Media Composer 8.8.1 // Mac Pro (End 2013) // 3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 // 64 GB RAM / 2xAMD FirePro D500 3072 MB // RAID Promise Pegasus2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 6 2016 2:43 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,147
    • Points 60,500

hitINdaGs:

i think it's about time that avid supports composite modes to blend footage into one another. just like any other video tool ;)

cheers!

Although I don't use this very much myself, I also do think that it's about time! And Andrew, being able to do this in Avid, with no roundtripping to an external app would be much much better! This is true for Boris as well. Having to install and use plenty of specific tools for simple tasks that could be easily achieved into the editor needlessly complicate things pushing users away from MC. Of course being able to easily go back and forth between MC and any other app for advanced tasks would be a welcome feature. It's all about bringing MC into the twentyfirst century, and it all started talking about bringing MC in the twentieth century during the nineties, wake up Avid!

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sun, Aug 7 2016 12:00 PM In reply to

• switthaus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Cobbs Creek, VA
    • Posts 2,247
    • Points 30,370

AndrewAction:
    How hard could it possibly be for MC Product Management to negotiate a deal to get all MC users access

Like negotiating for Phrase Find and ScriptSync, I guess.  Perhaps BMD has decided to focus on Resolve and not "give" this away any longer?  Whoops, speculation but not speculation about Avid....that's allowed, right?  ;-)

Scott Witthaus

Owner/Editor/Post Production Supervisor 1708 Editorial

http://vimeopro.com/1708editorial/1708-editorial

• Sun, Aug 7 2016 11:22 PM In reply to

• hitINdaGs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 3 2012
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,245

luca.mg:
    It's all about bringing MC into the twentyfirst century, and it all started talking about bringing MC in the twentieth century during the nineties, wake up Avid!

I think the whole problem is rooted in the belief that Avid is an "offnline editor". Thruth is, there's no need for an offline editor anymore. And it's really no solution to implement plugins and third party software to fix your shortcomings. MC is becoming a patchwork of tools - look at the new title tool effect, for example. Really Avid? Are you too lazy to implement that in a way that feels natural to the application. Take a close look at BM. They just might overtake you and Premiere pretty soon. Davinci is becoming more and more powerful.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller