Latest post Thu, Mar 9 2017 2:26 AM by Ariellek13. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 10 2006 9:42 AM

• Dustin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Fullerton, CA
    • Posts 136
    • Points 1,890

*Helpful hint for using reverb (d-verb) with your audio.

If you've ever tried to do some sweet sound design with reverb but found that everything sounds great until your audio file runs out and the decay of your reverb is cut off, then this hint is for you.  Its a little trick I came up with a while ago.  All you have to do is edit the audio you want to add reverb to into somewhere in your timeline.  Mark in and outs around it, selecting only the tracks its on.  Now move your out points 2 or 3 seconds to the right of your audio, leaving 2 or 3 seconds of blank filler.  Now just do an audio mixdown, rename the new mixdowned audio in your bin, and clear the audio from timeline.  Now just open up your audio suite.  Drag the audio mixdown clip from your bin to the audio suite window and it will be in "master clip" mode.  Select "d-verb", tweak your sound and render it out, and the decay of your reverb will echo and then die out naturally the way the good lord intended.  It sounds like a lot of steps but it's really not.  You can do them all in like 3 seconds if you know what you're doing.  Hope this helps anyone with this problem, cause I tried to work my around crappy sounding reverb for a while before I figured this out.
    Windows XP Pro SP2 Dual Xeon 3.0 ghz Nvidia Quadro fx 1400 2 gb ram Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1 with mojo [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 9 2017 2:26 AM In reply to

• Ariellek13
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 11 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 10

Re: *Helpful hint for using reverb (d-verb) with your audio.

This works really great! I just wanted to say thank you- this method saved my ass. I had a cut a piece to a track, but the ending wasn't right. It needed to ring out to end the piece. I was on a crazy tight schedule (I'm talking four deadlines a day, with the AE telling me when I had 5 minutes until output all throughout the day) so definitely no time to find a new track, get it approved, and re-cut the *** thing to the music. This method solved the problem and I will definitely be using it in the future! Cheers!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller