Latest post Tue, Oct 3 2017 1:16 PM by Michael Powers. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 13 2016 6:20 PM

• alexkruyer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 13 2016
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

updated to windows 10 aivd ISIS client manager wont connect to isis

So i came in monday and media composer computer automatically updated to windows 10 pro.

I had previously said no to update. 

however now avid ISIS client manager wont connect. the other computers on windows 7 still connect fine..

i have HP Z800 with windows 10 pro. ISIS 5000 and running media composer 8.5 with Sumphony option

the issue is in establishing AVID ISIS Client Manager settings back

any help please

• Sun, Mar 13 2016 7:30 PM In reply to

Re: updated to windows 10 aivd ISIS client manager wont connect to isis

You can try the latest version of the client but documentation does not state any support for Windows 10. You may get lucky.

Likely resolution is to revert back to W7.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 13 2016 8:55 PM In reply to

The windows 10 update has an option to roll back to Windows 7 Pro.

It is also wise to disable the windows 10 update option.

I've done that on all my machines. I'll update to windows 10 when I'm ready not when MS is ready.

check out this:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/remove-the-get-windows-10-icon-for-ever-with-gwx-stopper-490567.shtml

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Mar 15 2016 8:12 AM In reply to

While not officially supported yet, Windows 10 should not cause a problem for ISIS client.

However after the automated windows 10 update windows desides to re-enable a lot of default settings. In this case I would expect your firewall is enabled and is blocking the client from automatically detecting the broadcast traffic and virtual name from the engine.

Have you disabled the firewall and/or tried what happens if you manually add the ip address of the engine into the client?

Kalispera

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Tue, Oct 3 2017 1:16 PM In reply to

IT compliance is a serious issue with post houses that work with Blue chip clients. I hope Avid some day will wake up and never again suggest disable updates - which often include threat fixes. They should REALLY take this seriously.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller